Monday 2 January 2012

Mo's DP2 challenge - TUESDAY, 11 JANUARY 2011

TUESDAY, 11 JANUARY 2011


Just a card without a challenge

I've been have a big sort-out today, in my computer, in my stash - well just about everywhere and I found a card that I never got round to posting.
I did a wall hanging for a friend using this image and immediately wanted to do it again in different colours, so I thought I'd show it you.




It is of course one of Mo's and I think it is my overall favourite at the moment and it's called 'Learning to Read'.

I coloured it this time in Copics using mainly R20's and C's.

The top left hand corner looked bare but it really didn't lend itself to embellishments so I simply added a computer generated sentiment and then matted and layered it onto red cardstock.

I would like to frame it but doubt whether I would find a frame the correct size and so would probably have to make one.
Right hopefully I will finish sorting out my jumbled up downloaded papers this evening - wish me luck!!

EDITED

This has been entered to DP2 Favourite 2011 - one is 'All time favourite' which was never made for any challenge - just for fun - so it is gratified it that is part of a entered


Having had no computer since I arrived to England I really want wish you'd all had a fabulous Christmas a love to you all for the happiness with New Year.

21 comments:

Jill said...

I love it Heather, the colours are fantastic and you make the image come so alive :)
Just amazing!
LOL, if you can't find a frame that fits, just send it over and I can put it in mine! LOL
Big hugs to you Heather and I wish all the best for the new year
Jill

Grenouille Greetings said...

Beautiful colourwork, Heather, of this fabulous image and the perfect clean and simple design! Happy New Year! Hugs, Lesley

vickisunshine said...

What a fabulous image, beautifully coloured. Love the clean design.
Happy New Year.
Hugs
Vicki x

cheryl said...

oh this is just stunning hun just love what you have done here,just wanted to wish you a happy new year hugs cherylxxxxx

kaz_za's crafty corner said...

i love it... what a fab pic to colour and i know i would love receiving something like this... its a work of art... have fun making a frame for it...!!!
kaz_za

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Heather, I am new follower, so I had not seen this card. but his image is just fabulous. I love magic. Your coloring is awesome, and you really did bring to life this old magician. Wishing you happy new Year, all the best for 2012. Health & happiness. lots of time creating.
Hugs.

Christina - Pieces of Dreams said...

Beautiful colouring, Hugs Chris xxx

Sandra1968 said...

Wow, this is a wonderful card!
Hugs, Sandra

Dorcas said...

I remember when you colored this image in the past and it was so fantastic. I always look forward to seeing your projects :) I'm so glad you could join us this week on our "looking back" challenge.
Hugs,
Dorcas

catherine said...

This is a beautiful image and the colours are fab
x catherine

Elaine L. said...

Just beautiful! I can see why it's a favorite. Glad you shared it again with us in Mo's Challenge.

Tracy said...

Totally amazing and magical, this is a real stunning piece of artwork.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Alina said...

awesome card and colouring, Rica, thank you for joining us at Mo's Challenge!
hugs, Alina

Sol said...

WOW !!! Fantastic coloring! I love the colors too. And the image is so detailed an so much to look at.!! Amazing! Bautiful card!
I had a Great calm Christmas! And have now been at work away on work for a week. Going home this afternoon with my hubby! And 8 days off this time! Sooo looking forward to it! :o)

Happy New year to you Rica! !!!

CraftyC said...

Wow its gorgeous Heather. Love the image and beautifully coloured!
Clairexx

June Nelson said...

Wow its gorgeous andt he colouring is brilliant xxxx

Georgia said...

This is such a stunning card Heather - I love your beautiful colouring and the striking colours, wow! :) Love, Georgia xx

Minna said...

Just found your blog, its awesome! And the card.. its so cool!

Desire Fourie said...

Just beautifully coloured.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Heather :-) welcome home hunny ,,, I missed ya :-)

Happy New Year

Lots of love and huggiest of hugs
Lols x x x

America said...

OK this is ridiculously wonderfully colored. WOWWWWWW!! IM BLOWN AWAY!! AGAIN!!! You rock Heather. Love your talents sweetie! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...