Saturday 24 October 2009

No Card - Just a small tutorial

One or two people have asked how I made the Poinsettia a few cards ago. I didn't think it looked especially like one as it was in orange. Anyway the easiest way to tell/show how I made it is a tutorial so here it is. I'm not practiced at this so I hope it is clear and easily followed.

I use a Woodware leaf punch - no name or number - all I can tell you is it cost £3.25 about five years ago (it still has the price on it lol). Start  off cutting out 10 red leaves
5 green leaves



***********************
 The next step is to 'score' veins along the leaves with a small ball embossing tool




*******************
Next cut a small circle, any shape will do as it will be covered up, but  I find a circle the easiest as I can follow round when placing the leaves.
Start with the green leaves and place them a little away from the center.

I normally use silicone glue but this seems to be unavailable here so I'm preserving what little I have left and using Jones Tones this time.



*****************
Next onto the first row of red, slightly in and inbetween  from the green.




***********************

Place the next row of 5 into the center - again inbetween  the previous row. 



*********************

And here we have the finished flower with the center cut with a Leone Em stamen punch and scrunched up. I'm sure there is something better that this so if any of you have any ideas please let me know. I've also done a white one (my favourite - I'm not a red and green girl) and have put small lemon seed pearls in the center.










I'm also working on a small tutorial on tying a type of bow. I would love feedback on this one and suggestions for improvements.

36 comments:

Julie said...

Wow , fab tutorial Rica, and will definitely be having a go at this! I do love your pearl centred one - but think I'd struggle to use so many on one card, let alone one flower!!! Think I'd hyperventilate, LOL! Another punch to add to my list - "rolls eyes". Thanks again, Juliexx

Christine said...

Hi Heather many thanks for this tutorial...so easy when you see it done??? off to find a leaf punch NOW..

Hugs Christine xx

Loz said...

Thanks so much for the tutorial Heather... I'll certainly be making some of these up - my Christmas embellies supplies are running very low - and I'd much rather make my own anyhow! Enjoy the rest of your weekend! x

Tracy said...

Great tutorial, wish I had a leaf punch. Very informative Heather.
Thanks
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Lora said...

Thanks for showing us how to make these Heather. I think I will have a go at this. I don't have a stamen punch but I like the one with the beads too, so will ahve to go look out some beads :)
Hugs Lora x

Curt in Indy said...

This is absolutely impressive! What a wonderful way to make perfect poinsettias! These are just beautiful! What genius! Best, Curt

Gosia said...

Fantastic tautorial.Thanks
Greetings from Poland
http://papierowamargaretka.blogspot.com/

Rosanne said...

Awesome tutorial Heather!! Thanks so much for the idea--I'm sure it will come in handy for the cards I have yet to make...

Moni said...

Wwa so fab tutorial, thanks for sharing! Hugs,moni

Unknown said...

Hi Heather well no improvements needed that was just perfect, some times people say or do too much that you loose interest or get lost, but yours was perfect cant wait to see the bows. Christine x
Im with you prefer the white.

cheryl said...

brilliant tutorial hun thanks for showing us how to do it love cheryl xxxxx

Maaret said...

Many thanks for this tutorial :)

Jocelyne Chevarie said...

Thanks a lot for that tutorial.

I bought a Martha Stewart punch a week ago with the same leaf design.

After watching your tutorial I tried it, and it works.

Thanks again. Have a nice evening,

Diamond Doll said...

Fab tutorial Heather, i,m now on the look out for that punch.
Trish (-:

Leigh said...

Thanks so much for this tutorial Heather. Wow, how simple but how effective.

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great tutorial. Thanks. I just bought a very similar punch, I can't waiy to try this out.

Gail said...

Wow. great tutorial, never would have thought of it!

Wilma said...

Nice one Heather- i'll have a go!:) x

Cheryl said...

A fabulous tutorial and the flowers look fabulous!!! Oh no more things I have to purchase...lol....
Hugs xx

Annie said...

Beautiful flowers Heather - thanks so much for the tutorial.

Ann xxx

Anonymous said...

great tutorial, thanks to show us this--- which to know where I can buy such punch here in germany- will have a lokk at it!!

hugs
Elma

Tara said...

You've opened up a whole new world for me now, making flowers with leaves....thank you!
I'd better remind you to get some silicone glue then in Birmingham heh?!!
Hugs Tara xx

Jilli said...

Wow... this is fab! Great tutorial and fantastic flower. I have one of those punches .... guess what i'll be doing later LOL! Hugs Jillix

Pia said...

Thak you Heather for the tutorial, beautiful flowers.Have a nice sunday.
hugs Piaxx

Eija said...

Thank you Heather! Just simple and clear... now :)

Dawn said...

Hiya Heather

Wow gorgeous flower - TFS

Hugs
Dawn
xx

Mandy said...

Fab tutorial Heather, so easy to follow, thanks for sharing hun. Look forward to your next one
hugs Mandy xx

Iren said...

What a brilliant idea Heather!!!

Barbara said...

Hi Rica....I've been MIA for way too long..glad I popped in and saw this magnificent Pointsetia craft idea!! This is beautiful and you are as creative as ever, little lady!!
Now....let me go see what other gorgeous creations you have posted. Hugs!!!!

Chrissie said...

Great stuff Heather, thanks!

Barbara said...

Very beautiful! Thanks for sharing such an exquisite project!

Barb

Lorraine A said...

fab tutorial :-) I need a leaf punch now ,,, :-)

x x x

theneon said...

this is what I've been waiting for -- you've done a superb job on this tutorial for your beautiful poinsettia. (I'm in withdrawal -- on vacation and no stamps.)

Sue said...

Hi Heather Thanks for the poinsettia tutorial. It's the best one I have seen yet. Looking forward to what ever you do next.

Sue

Alex said...

Oh wow - thank you for this great idea! The flowers look great!
Hugs, Alex

lapuce said...

merciiiiiiiiiiii beaucoup j'adoooooooore très beau travail

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...