Tuesday 11 January 2011

Just a card without a callenge

I've been have a big sort-out today, in my computer, in my stash - well just about everywhere and I found a card that I never got round to posting.
I did a wall hanging for a friend using this image and immediately wanted to do it again in different colours, so I thought I'd show it you.


It is of course one of Mo's and I think it is my overall favourite at the moment and it's called 'Learning to Read'.
I coloured it this time in Copics using mainly R20's and C's.
The top left hand corner looked bare but it really didn't lend itself to embellishments so I simply added a computer generated sentiment and then matted and layered it onto red cardstock.
I would like to frame it but doubt whether I would find a frame the correct size and so would probably have to make one. 

Right hopefully I will finish sorting out my jumbled up downloaded papers this evening - wish me luck!!



EDITED
This has been entered to DP2 Favourite 2011 - one is 'All time favourite' which was never made for any challenge - just for fun - so it is gratified it that is part of a entered.


Photobucket

14 comments:

☼ Cheryl* said...

The image is fab! The colouring is fab too :)

Paula (PEP) said...

The colouring onthat hat & the red tabard & grey gown just took my breath away. What vivacity you've brought to the image - you sentiment does work superbly - just right I think.
All the best with the computer - I will not offer to help or you'll have nothing at all.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Tracy said...

I am always amazed with your colouring, it's superb. Love this image, it's magical.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Unknown said...

Hi Heather
OMG your colouring is amazing this is stunning, good luck with your sorting, I did mine recently and now I cant find anything,
Chris x

Chrissy said...

Wonderful coloring. I can stare at work for ages....Gorgeous
Luv CHRISSYxx

Carissa said...

Your colouring on this is gorgeous. So glad that you shared it with us.
Carissa xx

Julie said...

Stunning make, Rica - your colouring is divine (as always!). Juliexx

Anonymous said...

Heather your colouration is perfect! Wonderful card
Hugs
Elma

angelwhispers said...

Amazing and such fab colours! Did mine over the new year and it's still lovly and tidy but the main things is I can find whatever I need!!!!

Chanelle xxx

Shazza said...

breathtaking Heather, I agree it deserves to be framed ( and parcelled up to send to me lol)
That image is amaxing and perfectly coloured x

Moni said...

Just beautiful, fab colouring and image is so gorgeous. Hugs,moni

Sandra1968 said...

A great magical card!
And good luck with the sort-out :-)

Tracey said...

This is stunning Heather, I bet your friend was over the moon with her wall hanging of this image :)

Hugs
Tracey
x

Larisa said...

wow!!! It looks fantastic!!! Great job)))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...