Sunday 16 January 2011

Just Magnolia and Create4Fun

I've managed another card challenge card this weekend - this one follows the sketch at Create4Fun and  Just Magnolia's challenge is 'My Favourite Things'- now this I found difficult, my favourite things depend on the mood I'm in, although I always love the fabulous sketches the girls at Create4Fun provide for us to follow. One of my favourite things at the moment is to look through all my older stamps and choose the one that were my favourite and use them again. This is one of them, but there is quite a pile waiting to be used!!


Although I followed the sketch I flipped it 90 degrees to the right to accomodate the image.
Tilda is coloured in Copics, (quite boldly for me - I usually have her in more pastel colours) The edges of the image are stamp and heat embossed with clear powder using a favourite Stempelgle grunge stamp, I then lightly inked the edges. I used DCWV Linen Closet paper, mixed with Papermania's Blueberry Hill. The edges are punched with the EK Success scallop scalloped punch, the flowers are Wild Orchid, the pearls Prima and the ribbon (which has been a favourite, but is no more - all gone boo-hoo) was from my stash, whilst the beautiful butterfly charm to which I added some stickles is from my adorable friend America.


Right I'd better head for the kitchen - I'm so hungry I could eat a 'scabby cat' - (don't know whether that's a Lancashire or Yorkshire saying - tell me if you know anyone!!) Then it will probably take me the whole evening to clear us the horrendous mess I've made creating a couple of cards.

Photobucket

18 comments:

Moni said...

Fab card, gorgeous Tilda anf great colouring. Hugs,moni

Paula (PEP) said...

Love those colours with the very pretty floral embellishment. I absolutley love that swirl stamping & embossing round the edge, so effective. Hope you survived the kitchen without needing a plaster!
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

cheryl said...

oh this is just so beatiful hun love those papers you have used hugs cheryl xxx

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card. Love those colors and the ribbon....very pretty.
Now...I have never eaten a scabby cat..but I have been sooo hungry I could "eat a horse" now where do these dreadful sayings come from.lol
Luv CHRISSYxx

angelwhispers said...

The colouring is devine such beautiful shading and just loveee the papers!! Love Chanelle xx

Unknown said...

Heather this is stunning she looks gorgeous in the darker colours, and love those papers.
Chris x

Carole of Brum said...

Beautiful card, Rica, you always come up with great layouts, I love the 2 corner pieces and the fact that they are different sizes is interesting to the eye, could look at this card all day! lol. Never tried scabby cat, it's a delicacy I've managed to miss. Hope you found something more appetising for dinner :) CoB

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
wow a gorgeous card, awesome colouring as always, beautiful papers & embelies. I wont sne a a scabby cat!pmsl.
i say i could eat a horse n chase the rider!!!! sue,x

Anonymous said...

Oh Heather- this is such a sweet card
Huge
Elma

Julie said...

This is stunning, Rica - I adore your colours and your flowers! Your stamped and embossed border round Tilda is gorgeous too! Juliexx

Nathaly said...

Oh how sweet. Keep up the good work. Nathaly

Brook said...

Beautiful. I love the your stamping with the clear embossing powder around the edges. So sweet.

Sandra1968 said...

A gorgeous card!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous.
luv
Debby

Christina said...

That is a stunning card Heather! Looks really supurb!
Hugs Kristel

Victoria said...

very pretty beautiful colours x

Liz's creative corner said...

Hi Heather this is stunning hun, love the grunge edge and your gorgeous colouring,hugs Liz xx

Christine said...

Hi Heather love this ohhh soo sweet Tilda image Perfect colouring stunning creation....re "scabby cat" up north (Teesside) we say "Scabby Horse"..much prefer Horse more meat..LOL..

smiles Christine xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...