Monday 20 June 2011

It's Mousie Monday again.............and here comes Summer !!!

Here comes Summer is this week's theme at House Mouse & Friends - yeah, right!!!
This is the choice of the lovely Christine and I'm holding her totally responsible for putting a jinx on the weather -  it's bloomin' freezing here today!!


I love this image, it reminds me so much of being taken to the seaside with my parents when I was a child, going in the sea to paddle or swim and coming out dripping wet, teeth chattering and freezing with cold just like the Gruffie on the right !!! 
My mother always insisted we put suncream on also - WHY - hardly saw the sun on a typical English summer day.
My Gruffies are coloured with the usual Copics and I've stamped a frame around them with the edge of a Stampelglede grunge stamp. My paper is some vellum I've had for donkey's years (used to go on those at the seaside too - donkeys that is), the sentiment is computer generated and the postcard stamp is  Lili of the Valley from the clear additions range.

Check out the fabulous fun creations our Guest designers Kendra and Brenda have created along with the rest of my teamies !!

I shall be back later with some Lili of the Valley  cards - I've been colouring images and think it's time I turned them into cards.

Thanks for stopping by - hope you all have a great week
Photobucket

14 comments:

Tasha said...

Heather this is too cute :) Your colour work is fab and i just love the postcard and watery paper
love tasha xx

Christine said...

Hi Heather awww how sweet are these 2 bears..another for the never ending wish list..sigh..
amazing colouring GF love the water DP sorry to say be we have THE most sunny fine day here in Filey..

smiles Christine xx

Crafting Queen said...

Adorable card, such a cute image. Have a great day. :)

Moni said...

Hi Heather, stunning card, lovely image and fab details. Hugs, Moni

Becky said...

Heather this is just adorable, fabulous coloring and love that sentiment..

Paula (PEP) said...

Love the bubbles of the background & I love the shading on that ball. The Stempelglede stamp is amazingly effective the way it picks up on the bubble shape too.
Paula (PEP)

Sue said...

Hi hun
tis like bloody winter!!! NO LIKEY.
Totally gorgeous card, awesome colouring, luv the water droplets on the paper, fab design, sue,x

Mrs.B said...

Love this image, haven't seen it before! Great colouring as usual.
Avril x

Sue said...

Heather, beautiful coloring as always on this extra cute gruffie stamp. Love the water background paper, perfect for theis summer challenge. Love how the little stamp evoked summer memories of your childhood, and that you shared them!!

Hugs
Sue

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, English summers at the seaside, I remember them exactly as you describe! Sitting on the beach after a swim with all the towels wrapped around me trying to get warm again, good old North Sea! Thanks for making me so welcome at HM&F, definitely see you next time, but as a participant! Looking forward to challenge 100!

Hugs
Brenda

Riet said...

Ohhh Heather,what a gorgeous card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Stacy Morgan said...

LOL Oh my goodness... this is hilariouslly cute and fun. Awesome coloring and a fun summer card.

America said...

OH MY - I LOVE LOVE LOVE that FUN image and these colors/coloring together. AWESOME summer take Heather!! Its perfect with that FAB postal behind it. BRILLIANT work GF!!!!

Lorraine A said...

awww ,, this is just sooo cute !! I loev this image and yes,,, it reminds me of summer days at the beach in Scarborough ,,, brrrr !!! :-) the postcard and water droplet paper are perfect too :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...