Sunday 15 May 2011


Today at COPIC CREATIONS we are featuring an often neglected Copic color ~ YELLOW!!    There certainly are enough Y and YR Copic color choices, yet it seems to be one of the least used colors.   Poor YELLOW.
Smiley from millan.net
 Well, we hope to change your feelings about YELLOW today!   Below you’ll find some amazing creations from the Design Team, showcasing their favorite YELLOW Copic combinations.  Yes, you will be amazed at their work!
We are also welcoming back one of our favorite sponsors ~ Paper Makeup Stampsowned by our own awesome DT member  Katie Cotton!    


Before I go any further I have to say I found this challenge very difficult - I don't  do yellow - I don't like yellow, I don't have anything yellow in the house, I don't have yellow flowers, I don't even do margarine because it's yellow (butter's OK it's a softer lemon colour).
I think this has something to do with having migraines as a teenager, migraine and yellow just don't go together, although that's probably just me!!! 

I really had to dig deep to find some yellow papers, they were all hidden at the back/bottom of a drawer - haven't the foggiest idea who they are by.
The flowers and leaves are cut with a Crealie's dies and the pearls and ribbon are from stash.
I love this image Katie's and  shall definitely be doing her (Moody for Art) again and I quite fancy her in blue, or even a lilac colour. We hope you’ll take some time to check out Katie's  store - you won’t be disappointed!    All the YELLOW sample cards from DT feature an image from Paper Makeup Stamps .

Copics used
Skin  -  E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
The Yellows  -  Y0000, Y20, YR30, Y28
Greens  -  G20, G22, G24, G28
Bag & folio's  -  E40, E41, N0, N2
Hair  -  E30, E31, E70, E74

I hope you're all having a brilliant weekend and life is being kind to you,Photobucket

17 comments:

Jane said...

Well you would never know you struggled with it hun as it is stunning and so is your yellow colouring of the gorgeous image! I know what you mean though, I don't really like or use yellow either - poor yellow! hugs, Jane x

Christina said...

That is a gorgeous card Heather!! I have said it before but enjoy watching your colouring!
Hugs Kristel

Danielle said...

Love your card Heather but I'm with you on the yellow ... not a colour I like at all! And certainly not a colour I gravitate to to use in my crafting! That said, you did a marvellous job with it and I like the golden yellow you've used rather than a lemony one!
Hugs, Danielle

Grenouille Greetings said...

I've got news for you, Heather...you DO do yellow! And so beautifully! I love the yellow paper you found - it's kind of soft and mustardy and your card is stunning! Hugs, Lesley

Riet said...

So beautiful card Heather,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
a fabulous card, luv the image, fab colouring as always, lovely papers & embelies, sue,x

Tasha said...

Wow i thnk you totally rocked the yellow! It looks fab witht the greena nd your colouring is so fabulous
love tasha xx

Moni said...

Hi my dear friend, fab card as always, love your colouring. Greay LO. Hugs; moni

Chrissy said...

Fabulous...love the image..great colouring.My pet peeve is purple..but forced myself the other day..fabulous card Heather.
Luv CHRISSYxx

angelwhispers said...

Well you certainly hit it off!!! Your card is just lovely and love the image she looks so beautifully coloured! Chanelle xxx

Cards By MI said...

Smashing colouring as usual, even if you don't like the colour yourself!
Love n hugs
Marie

Paula (PEP) said...

I like the olive with your straw coloured yellow - it really tones down the brightness. Love the stamp & your shading on those skirt pleats.
Paula (PEP)

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so gorgeous Heather.
luv
Debby

mycardz said...

Seriously Heather, your card is GORGEOUS! I love the shade of yellow you created. I could NEVER tell that you struggled with this ... but can so relate to not liking yellow - especially when it turns up the volume on migraines! you ROCKED it GF! hugz, Mary

Cheryl Valadez said...

Well, lady...you could have fooled me! You look like a master at using yellows! The image is fabulous and your coloring rocks! Way to go teammie ;D Hugz, Cheryl

RoseC said...

Heather, your mellow-"yellow" Moody for Art looks fantastic on this great card! Ahhh . . . Nicely done! ~ Rose

Sandra1968 said...

This card is great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...