Sunday 1 May 2011

Copic Creations and a Sneak Peek!!!

1st May - already!!! This means it's time for another challenge at Copic Creations and our fabulous sponsor this time is the amazingly popular Lili of the Valley - what better opportunity than to combine it with a 'SNEAK PEEK'
The Copic Creations challenge this time is COLORING SKY and/or CLOUDS using your Copic markers - and many of the new images - It's a Boy Thing (due out on 11th May) are perfect for this.
    

I used 'Cricket' which brings back many fond memories of us (my children and self) playing cricket and tennis at our local club. Yes I did play an odd cricket match - usually being told I fielded that like a girl - 'I am a girl" I used to shout back.  I could even hear the shouts, cheers and the sound of the leather on willow from where I lived - oooh I'm feeling all nostalgic now!!

Right I'd better get on to the card - I've been naughty (again) and altered it from the card on the challenge blog - when I say altered I've add a few more embellishments. I don't like to over embellish 'boy' cards but really felt as though this need more.
The papers are Basic Grey's Marjolaine, the corrugated from one of the coffee cup holder thing you get on railway stations and the jute border is from my stash. The stars are cut with a MFT die and I made a button from them  - it is coated with glossy accents but looks a little sparkly in the photograph - it's NOT!! The picket fence is Magnolia and the sentiment from one of the Lili of the Valley additions sets.

The image is of course coloured in Copics and I think I went a little 'bananas' with my clouds. I wanted the fluffy, whispy ones you can get on a summer's day. I think they are called stratocumulus, but don't quote me on that, it's a long time since I was at school!!

 Copics
Sky - B0000, B00, B02, C0 & C01
Top - Y0000, Y11 & E30
Trousers - G20, 21, 24 & 28
Hair - Y0000, E40, 41, 44, 47 plus a little E31 to give it a reddish tint
Pads and Boots - C0, C1, C2 & C4


Very sadly today we are bidding a fond farewell to our longtime teammate, the amazingly talented  Jane Wetzel!    We all love you and will miss you Jane!      
We’d also like to introduce you to the newest member of our Design Team ~ the super talented Cheryl Valadez!   Welcome Cheryl ~ we’re so glad you’re here!

And don't forget this week's prize from Lili of the Valley is 

Think of the new images you could get with this!!


I followed the sketch at Sketch Saturday so I will enter this into their challenge also.

Photobucket

20 comments:

Cards By MI said...

Such a smashing card. It's totally stunning. Your sky is terrific! Can't wait to get the new LOTV images. Wonderful!
Love n hugs
Marie

angelwhispers said...

Heather this is just perfect and love all the added detail just lovely for a boy card!! Oh and I love your clouds!!!! Love Chanelle xxx

Seafield Jo said...

Fab, fab, fab card Heather, I love it. Jo x

fatmonica said...

What a great 'boy' card!

Renkata said...

Hi Heather,
ohhh wow very cool boy card.

petra,s cards said...

whowwww what a gorgeous card!!! your collouring is stunning!!!
xx petra

Chrissie said...

Oh Heather, what a fabulous boy card and I love the papers and colour combo too. Your colouring is superb sweetie!
lol Chrissie xx

Tasha said...

Oh my goodness this is fantastic. I love your colourwork, the image is so striking in those colours. Your embellishing and details are fabulous. Such a great design
love tasha xx

Jane said...

OMG those clouds are amazing!! Absolutely stunning colouring hun! hugs, Jane x

Moni said...

Another stunning card my dear friend, fab image and great details. Hugs;moni

Liz's creative corner said...

Hi Heather wow hun stunning cloud effect, love your card, the image is super and your layouts fab, are you still back for good ?? lol

hugs Liz xx

Paula (PEP) said...

I have actually seen clouds looking like this so it's good to see that it's possible to colour clouds that aren't the fluffy kind. the colours are super & I love that recycled corrugated piece.
Paula (PEP)

Cheryl Valadez said...

Hi Heather! Love this image and your clouds are the perfect backdrop. Plus how cute is that fence?! Great card! Hugz, Cheryl

Julie said...

fab card

Bente said...

Amazing card, love the coloring and the wonderful design!
Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week.
Hugs, Bente

scrapadinne said...

Gorgeous card, love the colors!

Hugs
Scrapadinne

FerrellGraph-x said...

Wow you have created such a fabulous card. Look at all the layers and stitching!
Kindest regards,
Jennifer Ferrell

Grenouille Greetings said...

Fabulous card! Amazing clouds!!! Hugs, Lesley

Vera said...

I really love this card :)
Perfect for a boy!
Love all the details!

I wish you have a great day!

Vera

RoseC said...

Heather, your Cricket image is fabulous and your clouds are to die for! Beautifully done! What a wonderful card!!! ~ Rose

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...