Thursday 20 January 2011

Lilli of the Valley and Several challenges

I was about to say I think this little sweetie is my favourite of the new Lili of the Valley little fairies, but they are all my favourite as I'm using them.



This little sweetie is Dandelion Clock and she is coloured with Copics and the edges stamped with a small Crealies stamp that looks very much like a dandelion seed. The paper is an old, old digi download, apart from the dark green backing cardstock. Ive cut the border with a Carlacraft punch called Macaron, the leaves with a Crealies die and I made the flowers as I wanted a fluffy dandelion head type of finish (albeit a blue dandelion) When I look at them now they look just like scabious flowers I had in my garden. I cut them out of white mulberry paper with the EK Success retro flower punch, fastened them together with a small brad then spritzed them with a mixture of water, a few drops of Faded Jeans distress ink and a little perfect pearls.
A sort of  personalized version of glimmer mist. At this point I scrunched them up and left them to dry. I have in the past tried to dry them with a heat gun but ended up scorching them so I prefer to let them dry naturally. Once dry I unfurled the leaves and added some seed pearls to the centres with silicone. The sentiment is Paula Pascual and the ribbon charms a strip pears are from my stash.


A close of the flowers, and I forgot to say I sprinkled them with glitter whilst still wet, not that it shows in the photograph.

I managed to find a few challenges into which this card fit.
Sketch and Stash - new - image, charm, old - papers & punch
Cute Card Thursday which is a recipe comnination of 1, 2, 3 (1 image, 2 papers & 3 flowers) but I have so much more I might be disqualified from this one!!)
Flutterby Wednesday- an open week
City Crafter - hand made flowers
My Time to Craft - Spots and dots (the dp is spotty, though it doesn't show very well, other than this it will have to be the row of dotted pearls)
Papertake Weekly - ribbons and/or pearls

Well it's been freezing cold here today (back to minus temperatures) so I'm going to have a hot bath now and get my snugglies on.
Photobucket

29 comments:

debra said...

Hi Hun
This is a gorgeous card and since back into my card making adore the LOTV images and can't wait to purchase some(soon i hope)
hugs Debbie

Annie said...

wow Heather another stunner.
Ann xxx

Andria said...

Your flowers are brilliant, thanks for describing how you made them would love to give it ago. Gorgeous card, the colours are lovely subtle colours.

Mandy's Magnolia cards said...

Beautiul card
and so sweet!
greetings, Mandy

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
awww as ever a gorgeous card,awesome colouring, beautiful flowers & embelies, sue,x

Lizzy said...

Stunning card Heather, luv the sweet image & beautiful flowers.

Thank you for joining us at Sketch N Stash ...good luck!

xx Lizzy xx :)

Linda . J said...

Gorgeous card Heather love the colouring and beautiful image, the detail is lovely especially those flowers, love them.
Hugs Linda

Vicky said...

Stunning card Heather! love LOTV images and such a fab colour combo too :o)

Thank you for joining us at Sketch n Stash and good luck!!

Hugs Vicky xx

Pia said...

OM what a wonderful card, love the colours and cute image
hugs Pia

Sue said...

fabulous card and i love the flowers:)

Thank you for joining us at sketch n stash

sue
xx

Paula (PEP) said...

Love the flowers with the pearls & your stamping around the edge of the image panel - I have to agree, I think this IS my favourite of the new release. Love the colours here too.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Joey said...

Hiya Heather

this is stunning hun, a gorgeous colour tone, love those flowers

Joey x

Mandy said...

Hi Heather,
I'm saving my pennies,to buy these stamps I've even stopped buy my Galaxy chocolate,now that's dedication to give up the chocolate....Your card is beautiful,I love the colour theme and your flowers are stunning,and of course the image totally adorable....
Mandy x

Anonymous said...

lovely colours and such sweet card!
Hugs
Elma

Moni said...

Hi Heather, stunning card and flowers you have made are awesome. Cute image and great colour combo. Have a nice weekend. Hugs,moni

Sandra1968 said...

A gorgeous card with beautiful colours.

Astrid said...

Hi Heather, you made again a stunning card, such a beautiful colouring and details, I love it !!!

hugs Astrid

Christina said...

Woww that is a gorgeous card Heather!!
Hugs Kristel

Ros said...

This is adorable ... I love the colour scheme and your flowers are so pretty ... yes I can see the glitter too ... thanks so much for playing along at CCCB

Shazza said...

beautiful card heather x

Rach said...

how the "sobble" are you.. hehe.. your first comment worked hun, and the second and the third.. rofl.. I think that me and blogs are doomed.. i always seem to have bugs, :(

loving your card Heather it is delish with a capital D... and those flowers are to die for, soft and pretty.
have a great weekend hun, hope you enjoyed your hot bath...xxx

Tasha said...

Heather this is absolutely stunning. Such a beautiful colour and the flowers are gorgeous
love tasha xx

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Lovely creation, I love your handmade flowers and the colors you used too, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Chrissie said...

This is so gorgeous Heather!
Hope you are well sweetie?
lol Chrissie xx

Annika said...

Oh wow, I LOVE these flowers!!! They are utterly STUNNING!! I so need to try making those!
Hugs
Annika

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness.. This is sooo adorable. I just love everything about it.. That image is so sweet! Thanks you so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty card, love the flowers! Thanks for joining us this week at Flutter By Wednesday!

made by fifi said...

lovely card - thanks for joining in the MTTC challenge this week x

cnelson said...

So sweet and lovely! Those flowers could not be more beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...