Sunday 30 January 2011

DewDropcraftz Sale!!

Nikki at DewDrop Craftz is making big changes and 
therefore all images are on sale this weekend at 50% off - yes half price till midnight tonight so hurry along and grab yourself some bargains.


I love this image but haven't used it for a while - I think it is one that is perfect for teenage boys. It is called by the artist Karen and is called the Traveller. As I've previously mentioned I'm having trouble with my Copics at the moment so I thought I'd have a change and use my old pastel pencils I brought from the UK. They came by carrier with my furniture etc. and I strongly suspect the box they were in was dropped and I've spent half my time resharpening as they broke!! I don't think you get such a precise finish with the pencils so I have deliberately left the blue, shall we say slightly mottled in order that it looks like linen - well at least it's supposed to!!! 
The image is stamped on my last bit of kraft carstock - I don't seem to be able to find a supplier at the moment despite hunting around - if anyone knows where I can get more pease, please tell me. The edges of the image are distressed using Vintage photo distress ink. The brown cross piece and been run through my bug using a Tim Holtz embossing folder and the tag and ticket are also by Tim Holtz.
The papers are from Donna at Bearly Mine designs and the ribbon and garden twine are from my stash.
I followed the delightful sketch at Friday Sketchers and so will enter it into this challenge.

Don't forget you have until midnight to get yourself some stunning images at half price.


Hope you're all having a brilliant weekend - I think someone stole mine again.

Photobucket

17 comments:

cheryl said...

oh wow hun this is one great image so beautifully colured too,hugs cheryl xxxx

Victoria said...

wow amazing colouring mind blowingly xxx

Chrissy said...

You having that trouble too?????? I thought mine was the only weekend stolen.lol.
Gorgeous image, incredible eyes, your colouring is awesome.
Luv CHRISSYxx

nessy said...

just perfect for a teenage male card ~amazing colouring ~love it!!
vanessa xx

Moni said...

Gorgeous colouring Heather, fab image and great LO. Card is awesome. hugs,moni

Rach said...

stunning Heather.. just stunning, wish i could colour the way you do.. .xxxx

Sue said...

Hi hun
wowzer bloody gorgeous card, awesome colouring, wish mine looked half as good as yours hun, ask mandi she said a colour in her stampin up like kraft?? sue,xx

Lizzy said...

WOW what a stunner! fantastic image & coloured so beautifully too.

xx Lizzy xx :)

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow Heather, this is stunning hun, love all the details and your awesome colouring, sorry hun can't help with the copics problem,

It's gone flippin cold here again too, so don't visit yet lol, hugs Liz xx

Janette said...

Your colouring is truely amazing, stunning card.xx

Paula (PEP) said...

Stunning blue & the colouring is just amazing with the shading. I do love Kraft too - lovely with pencils. This is definitely a teenage boy card - you do those in real style. That twine is brilliant & the embossing so suits the image & hardware. Love the interpretation of the sketch too.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Becky said...

This is stunning Ricca, love the coloring.
Have you tried Gina K, she has great paper and she has "craft"

Sandra1968 said...

A GREAT card! The colouring is very beautiful and I love this teenage image.
Have a nice day,
Sandra

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card Heather, wonderful colouring, that image is stunning.
luv
Debby

Christina said...

That is truly stunning Heather!! Looks really amazing!
Hugs Kristel

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Heather,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Janneke said...

What a stunning card ;o) Your coloring is amazing!
Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketchers this week.

Janneke X

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...