Wednesday 5 May 2010

Which Challenge ???

I do so wish I could remember which challenge I made this card for!!!  If anyone can tell me I would be eternally grateful, I've searched everywhere and can't find anything remotely like it. I started off trying to leave lots of white space, but as usual this diminished as the card grew!!



The image is of course Sweetpea, coloured with Copics. I glittered her wings using a mixture of Frosted lace and Stardust stickles and added liquid pearls to her hair adornments, bracelet and waistband. I used the Scorpal to emboss the pattern on the white background paper, played around with the Nesties labels 13 to create a base for the image to sit on, this then looked unbalanced so I added a band across the middle cut with the MS around the page punch and used this also to create the corners. White space now rapidly disappearing so add a little more white with the ribbon and bow across the band. At this point I had to force myself to stop before there was no white space visible anywhere.

Copics used
Hair  Y0000, E02,  E70, E71, E77
Skin YR0000,  E00, ROO 
Dress and Wings  BV0000, BVOO  BVO2, BV04


If anyone looks at this and see's which challenge I was creating this card for - please let me know.

EDITED
I'm sure it  was Crazy4Challenges although this was one of these card that goes it's own way - I didn't have much say in the matter and now only faintly resembles the sketch, but thank you girls you led me to another one Crafts and Me. Lesson learnt, bring my challenge list up to day and make a note of the challenge/s I'm working on.

Right now to the boring stuff, washing, cleaning and all that time stealing stuff.

hugs 

Heather xx

16 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

How about Crazy 4 Challenges Sketch http://crazy4challenges.blogspot.com/2010/05/crazy-4-challenges-c4c35.html
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Love the card

Beckie said...

Firstly what a fab card. Secondly, abd I'm not sure if this is the challenge but Crafts and Me's challenge is Sparkle and they like you to use Sweet Pea stamps over there if you have them. Hope that helps hun. xx

Kate said...

Lovely card, it could meet Caardvarks, Moving along with the times or Create4fun's sketches?

** Kate **

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card Heather, wonderful colours and sweet details. Sorry can't help with the challenge.
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

Oh wow what an elegant creation !!!
I really love the colors.
Hugs
Mag :)

Bobbi said...

This is a great card. I think it is 365 cards that uses white space challenges a lot.

Moni said...

Stunning card, so love the fab card. Great image, so fab colour combo! Hugs, Moni

Sue said...

Hi Heather
lol oh i have started to write them down what challenges they for as i forget! lol

Gorgeous card hun, your colouring is awesome as always, sorry can't help with the challenge though,sue,x

Danielle said...

Wow Heather, your colouring is exquisite and I'm absolutely loving the layout. Really love the corner detailing!
Hugs, Danielle

America said...

Exceptional use of hte MS punches GF!!! Love the magnificient coloring too! :) SUPERB work as always!!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Very PRETTY!!

Squirrel said...

Beautiful - LOVE the clean colours and your colouring is stunning as always!
Rosey x

Christine said...

Hi Heather another stunner of a card you really make these images come to life..gorgeous die & punched details..brill card.

Hugs Christine xx

gina g said...

Hi Heather long time no see but very busy this end caring for MIL at the minute, i love this card though hun these are my favourite stamps, i love the colours you've used and the gorgeous colouration. Thanks for joining us at the Crafts and Me challenge this week. luv gina xx

Sandra1968 said...

A beautiful card! Great pattern, beautiful image and I like the liquid pearls.

crafty amy said...

Hee hee I have done that forgotten what challenge a card was for it is so annoying I am glad you found us though this card is gorgeous :D
Thank you for joining us at crafts and me and good luck.

Amy xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...