Monday 20 July 2009

House Mouse DT card

White on white is the lovely Carolyn's choice for this week's House Mouse challenge.
I see a sense of humour at play here - it's the exact opposite of last week. This week you must colour your image but don't dare colour anything else, nothing at all, everything must be white.
You will notice a little yellow on the tips of my flowers, there naturally and I just couldn't get rid of it, nearly resorted to bleach but stopped myself. White Stazon didn't work - if you have any suggestions I would love to hear them.
If you need inspiration, check out the other DT's creations, you'll be wowed.


Another challenge where I had to put my thinking cap on to decide how I was going to tackle this. I decided to go for texture and dimension. I ran a piece of card through my bug using the Spots & Dots folder and edged it with the EK Succes punch Parisian edger
and attached it to the card using foam strips (this worked really well, little bit of practise and I should be able to perfect this technique). I coloured the image (Cosy Shoe) with Copic markers mounted that onto corners cut with the Provocraft Vintage corner dies and again used foam strips to attach it to the card. The leaves are cut with a Woodware punch and the large flower is Petaloo and the small one from the Hobby House.

Recipe
Card - Plain white cs - the Papermill shop
Image - Stampabilites House Mouse - Cosy Shoe
Medium - Copic markers
Punches & dies EKSuccess Parisian edger, Woodware leaf & Cbug Vintage corner
Embellishments - Petaloo & the Hobby House and ribbon from stash

29 comments:

Moni said...

hi Heather, the card is so fab gorgeous! I dont know how to ride off the yellow colour on the flowers, sorry! :( But think it is so fab gorgeous!
How is going moving to Germany?
Have a fab day today! Hugs, Moni

Tara said...

Wonderful card Heather...... I actually think the white on white works beautifully for a baby theme, so sweet!! xx

Hanna said...

Hello Heather!
What a beautiful card you've made!
So many gorgeous detalis and your colouring is out of this world stunning!!!
Have a nice day,
hugs from Hanna

Annie said...

Wow just fabulous Heather.

NOt an easy one but you nailed it.
Ann xxx

Lorraine A said...

Aww very cute Heather :-) Love the image,,, love em all,,,, :-) Love all the textures on here,,, truly a stunning card !! :-)

Luv
Lorraine x x

p.s my mouse is still alive and well and living under my sink ,,,, !!

Di said...

This is so clever heather how you have made this, and so beautiful it must have taken forever. Well done a very lovely card!

Hugs Di xxx

I'm not stalking you honest! just between patients i have a quick look at my bloglist.

Stacy Morgan said...

Heather this is beautiful and sweet at the same time. Love this image and the softness of the colors with the W on W is perfect. Beautiful flowers to boot.

Danielle said...

Wow, wow, wow Heather - who would have guessed white on white would give such stunning results!! This card is absolutely fantastic - your layers of texture and embossing are perfect - a truly great card with the most perfectly coloured image!
Hugs, Danielle

Crafting Queen said...

Love the different textures in this card, stunning! Anesha :-)

de said...

This is beautiful! I love the white on white! You new blog look is great and I love the profile pic!

Anonymous said...

Great card Heather :D

Love the nesties you used.

Hugs, Janneke

Karen said...

STUNNING !!!

Love Karen x

Patricia Rose said...

wow, Heather - this is absolutely adorable... Fabulous colouring... love all the texture, decorative edges, pretty prima and ribbon treatment. Awesome challenge card - I loved this challenge as well....
hugs - Pat Rose

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Heather,what a beautiful card,l love the image and colour.
l love the details.

Hugs Riet.x

Christine said...

Wow Heather this is awesome stunning white on white dont know if I could have cracked this one well done... hop over to my blog I have left you a little something to pick up...

hugs Christine xx

Anonymous said...

WOW! this card is beyond amazing... love it!!! Go by my blog to pick up something I left for you.

Georgia said...

Hi Heather,
Gorgeous card, I really love it! The embossing looks soooo pretty and I really like the way you've coloured the image! :)
Love, Georgia xx

Pia said...

wow Heather it's so cute card and lovely colours you have used.
Hugs Pia

Powerful Search Engine said...

OOh Heather I love the edging on the square and your colouring is perfect. Fantastic take on the theme. Hugs Pascale

debby4000 said...

Oh wow this is gorgeous, love all the white details and the cute image.
luv
Debby

Lori Barnett said...

Loving all those textures with the white. And a perfect HM image to showcase with them!

Valerie said...

So sweet! Love the paper!

Mina said...

oh wow Heather this is so gorgeous, I love the ribbon and those lovely little housemice...lush
Mina xxx

mycardz said...

O-M-G! This is so stunning! I love the edging you added...very cool! and that ribbon is GORGEOUS! I like it without a bow...I always feel I need to make a bow when I use a ribbon...thanks for that great idea! I love it all!!

AND, LOVE your new blog look and your new pic!

Julie said...

I love, love this card. Love the white on white and beautifully coloured image in the centre.

America said...

Lovely!!! Great gorgeous details, fabulous card!!!!

America said...

So stunning! Love your great coloring! This is a super adorable HM baby card.

Rachel said...

This is a GORGEOUS card!!
hugs,
Rachel

June Houck said...

This is spectacular! I love the white on white, especially with all the wonderful punches you used. The satin ribbon adds to the elegance of your beautiful card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...