Whoo-hoo - I've managed a challenge card this week and or course it is Less is More.
I didn't dare miss again - I'll get shouted at - I do wish life would be a little kinder with time.
This one nearly ended up in the bin. I stamped my image onto the card, masked it then used the Tim Holtz script stamp over the image. I then did a mask in reverse - ie. tore a hole in the paper so that I could ink through it - and oh boy did that take some getting right!!! At this point I used a combination of distress inks to ink over the masked butterfly and the script. I stamped another butterfly, slightly darker in Adirondak aubergine ink, cut it out and attached it to the one beneath.
Apart from struggling to get my negative the right shape and in the right place thing were going swimmingly up to this point - then disaster struck in the shape of cat paw marks across my card!! This will teach me to put the ink away before answering the phone.
Fortunately said cat had managed to miss the image and inking, otherwise he might just have been given a flying lesson from the second floor balcony!!! I managed to rescue the image by cutting it out and attaching it to a piece of blue and fastening it to another card - pheww - but not what I really wanted but who know if time will be a little kinder to me perhaps I will have time to ..................try again!!