Saturday 28 May 2011

Basic Grey is all Shabby Chic

Thank you for all your fabulous entries for the Mix & Match challenge, you showed us some real inspirational combinations
This week at Basic Grey we would like you to create something 'Shabby Chic' for us.
Pop over the challenge blog where the DT's have provided some real inspiration for you.

Basic Grey products used - Porcelain papers


This is one of my all time favourite Sugar Nellie images - Reflective - and I decided she has the right ambience for Shabby Chic. I read somewhere (?) that Shabby Chic was traditionally pink and grey - how true this is heaven only knows but I decided to go with it. She is coloured with Copics and all edges distressed and are lightly coated with a white acylic paint dabber. 
 I made the flowers with netting and some pink voile ribbon neither of which wanted to play the game so I had to use copious amount of brute force and determination!!
I used a Prima Lustre leaf, a metal butterfly and ooops I forgot to add pears to his body, lace from my stash and some cluster pearls my lovely friend America sent me.


As always, our wonderful sponsor Simon Says Stamp is offering one lucky winner a fab $25 shopping spree in the Simon Says Superstore, just think of the goodies you could treat yourself to with that !!

(Please note: This is a voucher code that entitles the winner to a $25 saving off their order inSimon Says Stamp, P+P charges will still apply unless the conditions are met to earn free P+P, please check here if you would like to see these conditions)



Simon Says Stamp $25 Credit Voucher


Right I need your sympathy today - I have and AGM to attend - it starts at 11am and last year it finished at gone 6pm - not the way I want to spend a beautiful Saturday and it doesn't help that it is all in German!!! I do understand quite a bit but not enough for meetings like this. Wonder if I could take some crafting stuff with me????


Hope you all have a great weekend (at least better than mine is going to be)
Photobucket

17 comments:

Moni said...

Hi my dear, this is stunning card, so love the colour combo. And image is so cute and fab coloured. Fab design you have made. Love it. Have a fab weekend. Hugs, moni

cheryl said...

oh hun poor you with the,AGM meeting,do you have a gypsey you could take that with you,lol
anyway as for your card its just stunning as always just love that image one of my fav,and the papers and detail are just perfection hugs cheryl xxxxx

Renkata said...

OMg this is so pretty and sweet.
Amazing design and details.

Tasha said...

Wowzers Heather this is so beautiful. I love the lace and pearls and the beautiful flowers..it all looks so gorgeous
love tasha xx

Shazza said...

totally gorgeous x

Sandra1968 said...

Wow, this card is very gorgeous! And the papers and image are lovely.
Hugs, Sandra

Sue said...

Hi Hun
oh just notice ya header tis fab, totally gorgeous card as always, awesome colouring, pretty papers & embelies, hope the AGM doesnt go on to long, got one in a couple weeks! yuk, have lovely weekend, sue,x

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card Heather and I just love your flowers!
Clairexx

Riet said...

So beautiful card Heather,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Paula (PEP) said...

Hope you survived the AGM. Love that lace & the way taht it picks up the pattern in the butterfly. She is a lovely image & your colours with her are just stunning. I too have a sense of Shabby Chic being grey & pink plus pale blue & white..........or combinations thereof. Have no idea where from. Love the way the green brings the whole to life too - must be the complementary colour theory???.......
Paula (PEP)

Pia said...

wooow gorgeous card Heather and beautiful image, so sweet card
Wish you a nice sunday
hugs Pia

Christina said...

That is a gorgeous card again Heather! Looks amazing!
Hugs Kristel

Tracy said...

Wow a superb creation Heather, I love all your finishing touches.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

America said...

love the vintage/shabby look to this. The pearls are an excellent touch! Wonderful and beautiful card.

web design outsouce said...

Lovely card!!! I just love this cute one.. Those little girl is looking beautiful.. I love those flowers and the pearl designs..
Thanks for this great post.

Julie said...

heya Rica - this is fabulous!! Love the colour combo - it certainly looks very at home in the shabby chic style!! Love all your pearls and stunning colouring (of course). Hopy you're not still at that AGM! Juliexx

MIE(Mieko) said...

So beautiful card!Love your handmade flowers.Hugs Mieko

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...