Saturday 14 August 2010

Simon Says Stamp and Show

I'm really happy I managed to do this as I didn't think I would with all that's been happening this week. It's the first challenge at the new Simon Says Stamp and Show and I really, really wanted to take part, so I got up at the crack of dawn and started, I managed to finish by noon which is pretty good going for me as I must be the slowest card maker around.


I stamped the background using clear embossing ink, the edges with Prima Build a Frame, and various butterflies,dragonflies and bees from my stash. I heat embossed using a clear powder and then inked randomly using the distress inks Stormy Skies and Forest Moss. I stamped the butterfly (very old and unknown origin), maked it, again randomly inked the paper then overstamped with the Tim Holtz script stamp (my most used stamp I think, it never, ever gets put away!!). I then tore the edges and inked with the Stormy Skies. I overstamped a further butterfly with the script and tucked it under the edge of the image. I braided some blue thread and attached one the the Tim Holtz adage tickets.
The Distress inks, the Tim Holtz script stamp,  the Prima Build a frame set and the adage tickets are all available at the Simon Says Stamp Store.


I quite like this although it's not as 'grungy' as I would have liked it - I really need to practise - my grunge always tends to lean toward the pretty side which is not what I'm aiming for!!
Photobucket

14 comments:

Hanna said...

Oh, this is STUNNING, Heather!
Such a masterpiece, it's always a treat to see your projects sweetie!
Love your amazing background, it's so beautiful! Gorgeous colours.

hugs & love,
Hanna

Sandra said...

Hello Heather!
Gorgeous card. Love it!
Have a nice weekend.
Hugs and kisses Paula

Lynne Forsythe said...

that's called Shabby Grunge!!! and you do it VERY WELL Heather!! Love this card!

Thanks bunches for playin' along with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!!!

Rosette said...

Wowee Heather!!! You NEVER seize to make my jaw drop. Each of yourcards make me want to look to it for hours!! oh my.. you are good at vintagey shabby as well. *shakes head!!*

I must retire!!! :// can never get this good!!lol hugs xxx

Marion said...

Gorgeous card Rica. Love the colours. Have a great weekend.
Marion

Anette said...

Love the coulours anyway! For more Grunge: maybe some darker shades and definitely Black Soot.

Have a nice weekend, Anette

Christine said...

Hi Heather love your inking & stamping..fab colours looks grungy to me..BTW I,m the slowest crafter on the planet..LOL

smiles Christine xx

nessy said...

what an amazing creation ~so beautiful!
vanessa xx

Paula (PEP) said...

Love these colours & I quite understand why that script stamp never gets put away. Have just had the new TH inks for my birthday so am looking forward to using them. You encourage me no end - I'm very very slow.
Have a good weekend.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

CraftyC said...

Beautiful vintage card Heather, lovely colours and a gorgeous background!
Clairex

Anonymous said...

wonderful card in fantastic colours!
Hugs
Elma

Sandra1968 said...

Wow, this card is gorgeous!

Tasha said...

This is so beautiful, i love the colour and athe beautiful detail, its gorgeous
love tasha xx

Basslady said...

wow...what a brilliant card!

so wonderful...a real work of art! GREAT job!

xoxo silvi (germany)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...