Tuesday 8 June 2010

Here's one I actually like!!

Oooh I've made a card I really like (made a few I don't like recently) and it fits three challenges - Just Magnolia, which is pleating lace, Daring Cardmakers who would like to see pearls and I followed the fab sketch over at Sketch Saturday.


I coloured Tilda with Copics and gave here dark hair for this one, she's tended to have blond hair recently. The circle is cut with a Joy embossing die. The sumptuous pleated lace is from Singapore, the lovely Rosey sent it to me before she left for Australia, haven't done any pleating for ages - November I think for a Basic Grey DT card, should do it more often as I love the effect. The gorgeous pink check paper is a download from Bearly Mine Crafts.  I cut the flower using a EK Success punch and add pearl stamens to the center and the two leaves are cut with a Woodware  punch, the sentiment is WOJ and the pearls on either side to follow the sketch are from my stash.

Photobucket

16 comments:

Sandra said...

Hello Heather!
Wonderful card. How are you? I miss you in to my Blog. Don´t you like my work? Enjoy your day.
Hugs and kisses Paula

Anonymous said...

a nice card - just the rigth for a little girl!
Elma

Riet said...

So beautiful card Heather,i love your image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Irene said...

A beautiful card :)

Irene

Moni said...

Hi hun, I love all your cards, this one is really gorgeous, fab image and so love the colour combo. Your colouring is amaizing. Love all details you added! Have a fab week! Hugs,moni

Sandie said...

That's absolutely stunning Heather!! Love the frame around Tilda.. gorgeous.

Meretekj said...

Wonderful card.
I like all the details.

Christine said...

Hi Heather this is gorgeous in PINKS lovely check DP's fab frames & the lace is sooo lush brill flower...

Hugs Christine xx

Sandra1968 said...

This is really a beautiful card!
I can imagine that you like this one a lot :-)
The image is beautifully coloured and I like the pleated lace and the gorgeous circle.
Hugs, Sandra

Lori aka Lo Lo said...

Beautiful! The flower is stunning. Luv the lace.

xoxo,
Lori

Donna said...

I can see why you really like this Heather, it's a fabulous card, one of my favorite Tilda's too, unfortunately sold out most places so I'll continue to wait for it. But love the pleated lace, and the lovely frame around Tilda.......Would you mind terribly if I added your card to my gallery in the shop blog?
hugs
Donna xx

Sue said...

Aw, she's so sweet! Love the pleated lace, beautiful. Flower is so pretty.

Leigh said...

Beautiful card Heather.

Danielle said...

This is so very pretty Heather! I love the lace and the pretty frame that Tilda is sitting in!
Hugs, Danielle

Lynda said...

It's absolutely beautiful. Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

Lynda xxx

Lena Katrine said...

Wow! This is so beautiful!! Love the soft colours, and the cute image is soooo georgeously coloured!
Thanks for playing along with us at SS this week - good luck!
Hugs, Lena

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...