Saturday 20 February 2010

Basic Grey DT

At Basic Grey we have a colour combination for you this week.


For this weeks challenge we would like you to use this colour combo for your creations, feel free to use any other bits of colour too for example, hair colours, grass, sky, skin, white card, small bits of colour in paper patterns etc etc, just as long as the main 3 colours are the most noticeable then you are good to go

 

I chose this little Manga girl from Funky Kits as I really thing they suit wacky colouring. I coloured her in Copics and used Basic Grey's Lemonade papers. The sketch is from Everybody Art Challenge , lots of lovely layering, and I used a SU metal frame and brads - the requirements for Cute Card Thursday this week. I cut the border with an MS punch, the leaves from Sizzix leaf and branch die set and the stamens are from a Woodware punch.  The silk flower is the last one of my stash and the sentiment is Stamps Away.

Now I'm off to get some Copic paper before I run out altogether, just wish it wasn't nearly two hours drive away, or that the shop sold lots of other lovely crafting stash. Hope you all have a brilliant weekend.

16 comments:

Tracy said...

Heather I really love how you've coloured her and her hair is fab, ideal for young teenager girls.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Sandra1968 said...

A beautiful card!

Squirrel said...

This is so pretty Heather! I wasn't a huge fan of that pink and yellow combination when I first got the BG Lemonade pack, but it has grown on me big time. The embossing on the punched piece is incredibly effective - I would never have thought of that!

I just use plain old office card for my Copic colouring, and it serves as card blanks too. I bought a ream from our office stationer's. Can you get hold of that easier? (Of course, that may be why your colouring always looks so much better than mine does! LOL)

Rosey x

Moni said...

Hi Heather, fab card, so love the image and great papers. Lovely colour combo! Love the layout! Have a nice weekend! Hugs;Moni

Tasha said...

Fabulous colouring! Wow its stuning! Love the BG papers you have used and the gorgeous colours
love tasha xx

Danielle said...

Fabulous card Heather! This manga girl is perfect for your wacky colouring and she suits it down to a tee! Gorgeous colour combo! Have a safe drive to get your copic paper!
Hugs, Danielle

Unknown said...

Lovely card Heather, love the colour combo!

Barbaraxx

Barbara said...

Beautiful coloring and I love your layout. The flower is gorgeous. Funky and fun!

Barb

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Heather,i love your image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Unknown said...

Hi Heather
gorgeous card love those papers and the layering, she is such a cute image beautifully coloured.
Christine x

Sharon said...

A beautiful card Heather and her hair looks fantastic!

Pia said...

wow what a great card, lovely image and beautiful colours you have used. Have a nice sunday.
hugs Piaxx

nessy said...

what a beautiful card ~ those colours work so well together!!
vanessa xx

Kathy said...

WOW this is just gorgeous!! I love your coloring and the colors are so pretty!!! I have to add you to my bloglist!! Love your creations!!
:)kathy

Georgia said...

Oh wow, this is so stunning Heather - I love it! I love your take on the colour scheme and those papers look beautiful. I also love how you've coloured the cute image and your flower looks fabulous! :)
Love, Georgia xx

Marcea said...

oh my word, she is stunning. Your colouration is just incredible - what fabulous work hun
-x-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...