Thursday 28 January 2010

Colour Create DT

The lovely Jo's choice at Colour Create this week and what a fab choice it is - Pink, Blue and White/Silver.


I used Mo's image Siku and Shiya (isn't it just so adorable, I can't leave it alone, I can see myself doing this one in the middle of summer lol). The image is coloured in Copics and I tried something different for the fur. I've previously used Fun flock and Flower soft, but wasn't entirely happy with either result. This time I tried mixing the flocking and the flower soft in equal portions and bingo - love the result.
The papers are by Papermania - can't tell you which at the moment, I'm at work - but I will look it up and add it later. Edited - thanks Tracy the papers are Blueberry Hill.The flower is from Quixotic Paperie, the leaves cut with Woodware and Carla Craft punches, the borders with an EK Success, the sentiment computer generated and cut with Spellbinder fancy tags and the ribbon is from stash.

Well it's much warmer here today - the downside being we now have heavy snow. I think I prefer the cold. It's a different type of cold than I'm used to in the UK, it's a dry cold and doesn't get into your bones. Wrap up well and you're fine, mittens, not gloves so the fingers can keep each other warm. The only part that suffers is my ears, shall have to get a hat of some sort. I did tell my SIL I could do with some ear muffs, she bought me two pairs, one fluorescent green, the other fluorescent yellow - haha !!! I don't think I'll ever be so cold as to actually wear them.

33 comments:

Wilma said...

Gorgeous Heather and i just love that sentiment:)xx

Sue said...

Hi Hun
gorgeous card, luv this image as ever coloured perfect,have left you a little something on me blog hun, sue.x

Tracy said...

I love this card, don't know what i'm doing wrong but can't work with flock. Your flock/flower soft combo gives a really soft and lovely finishing touch.
Happy crafting
Tracy
p.s.Your Papers are Papermania's signature range - Blueberry Hill.

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, love the image and colours. Never thought to use fun flock and flower soft together must give it a try.
luv
Debby

Deanne said...

Fabulous card Chris! What an adorable image - I love it! And that background paper is amazing!

xx-Deanne

Janiel/ janny said...

Gorgeous card Heather!!! Love the colouring are always. All of your card are coloured PERFECT!!
hugs, Janiel

Joey said...

Stunning as always Heather I just love your colourwork and detail on this image, the papers are GORGEOUS! Joey.x

Christine said...

Hi Heather this image just blows me away wish I could use copics like this (sigh) stunning crimbo card Love it.

Hugs christine xx

Anonymous said...

such a nice card!
Hugs
Elma

Sandie said...

Gorgeous card heather. Love that image too. Such sweet colours you've used.

EileenMV said...

This image is absolutely adorable! Great job on the card - love the colors and the flower too!

Jo Nevill said...

Absolutely gorgeous Heather, I just love the image you have used which is coloured so beautifully. Adorable papers too, such a very pretty card.

Enjoy the snow !

Hugs,

Jo xxx

Anneke klerks said...

what a nice card!!!!

anneke

Di said...

Oh HUn this is sooo cute, i love the fur you have done!! i suppose you are still in winter mode over there in -18, wow that is cold!! i am looking toward spring now the nights are getting lighter!
Anyhow, your card is stunning and love the flowers and leaves too!

Hugs Di xxxx keep warm!

June Houck said...

Your card is so precious and beautiful! You colored that image perfectly :)

Gloria a.k.a. mmgirl said...

just adoreable, great coloring
mmgirl

Georgia said...

Wow, gorgeous card! So beautiful Heather, the rose is lovely and I LOVE how you've coloured he image, the fur is a stunning effect, I absolutely love it! :)
Love, Georgia xx

nessy said...

ear muffs sound ideal ~could you not change them (colour)somehow ~now there is a challenge!!
adorable card ~love that image ~really must get round to buying it!!love that colour combo, and the "fluff" is perfect!!
vanessa xx

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

This is sensational Heather. A fabulous image and your colouring is superb! I can see why you'll carry on using this image throughout the year.
Brilliant idea to mix the flocking and flowersoft - it looks amazing.
Sharon xx

Jackie Thomas said...

Oooh, I love it. Your colouring is perfect and the flocking looks amazing. xo Jackie

Faye said...

Really adorable image! I love your beautiful card with the gorgeous flower and the flocking.

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card, lovely image. Hope you are selling lots of cars :-)
Had a lovely few hours of sunshine today but it's raining now. Take care. Anesha :)

cheryl said...

this is just brilliant hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Dena said...

Oh Heather, that fur looks amazing! I so wish I had that stuff!!!!! Your coloring on these cuties is gorgeous, so soft and pretty! I love your card to bits!
Hugs, Dena

gina g said...

Beautiful card Heather love the image and the colours are gorgeous so is the flower. luv gina xx

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Heather
This image is so beautiful, your colouring superb. Love the mixture of flower soft and flocking... it looks fabulous!

Karen x

Riet said...

So beautiful card Heather,i love your image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good morning Heather, wow what a totally stunning card hunny. I love the image its gorgeous, and lovely detail too. I hope you have not been too busy this week. How lucky you are to have snow, i prefer the snow to the rain! we had rain yesterday and this morning! yuck!!!! hope to catch you on chat soon, big hugs Linda x

Sandra1968 said...

A beautiful card, Heather!
A lovely image and gorgeous paper. And the fur/flock looks great!

cats whiskers said...

This is just a perfect card Heather love the colours and great image
Hugs Jacqui x

Bec said...

this is adorable.. i love it..

Moni said...

Gorgeous card my friend, cute image and so love colour combo! Hugs,moni

Tova said...

beautiful card and fabulous coloring as usual !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...