Saturday 14 November 2009

Basic Grey DT - Glitz and Bling

Good morning folks - Saturday again - it doesn't seem like a week since I was at the NEC. I hope you've all had a better week than me - I've spent most of it trying to install  programmes on my new PC. It was OK until I tried to install my camera's programmes - almost two full days of  tearing my hair out. (It went on my old PC a dream - so what was that all about?)

The consequence of this is I have done virtually no crafting or blogging all week and I would like to apologise for my absence. I still have quite a bit of work to transfer but will do this little by little so hopefully I'm back with you now.

This week at Basic Grey we want to see Glitz and Bling and the prize this week is from the fabulous Simon Says. Check out the other DT's amazing creations.

I stuck with glitz as I'm not brilliant at bling and I used the new Tilda I bought at the NEC last week, (she's the  only one of my new goodies I've had time to play with so far). Just look at that hair - it is so gorgeous and I love colouring hair (I'm itching to colour her again and try a different technique on it). She's coloured with Copics and well and truly glttered (see the close up). I distressed around the edges of the image with distress inks and  used papers from the Periphery range. I used lace thinking it would replicate the lace on her petticoat but looking at it on screen I'm not sure - criticism and opinions PLEASE!! I cut the leaves with the Sizzix leaf and branch punch and used flower from stash which are both coloured and glittered and the pearls swirls are by Prima.



 

23 comments:

Jo Nevill said...

She is just gorgeous Heather and I personally love the lace. See you caught the Magnolia Gals stickles and flowers bug too ! Just gorgeous aren't they and really make a card.

Love those BG papers, such a terrific colour.

Hope you have managed to sort your PC out now.

Have a great weekend and no, I can't believe this time last week I was on my way to the NEC.

Hugs,

Jo xxx

Moni said...

Hi Heather, card is amazing and Tilda is so cute. You coloured her fab. Love the layout and papers! Fab details! have a fab weekend! Hugs, Moni

beemybear said...

This is the most beautiful card I've ever seen.
Hugs
Sabine

slinkycat said...

Wow sooo stunning Heather. I think the lace looks beautiful, it all looks very classy and I love your new image :)

Hugs
Leanne x

Tara said...

Missing you already my lovely and can't wait for March!
This is stunning, love the colours and in my opinion the lace is delish..... really goes well with Tilda's dress..... ooooh and she's a cute pie, I didn't know you'd got your mitts on her!!!
Have a lovely weekend, hugs Tara xx

Unknown said...

oooooo rica...i loves her i must get the stamp...and the lace well!!!! i love it of course iwould though woudnt i...overall simply adorable...hugs sassyxx

June Houck said...

Clearly you are not only brilliant with coloring...Tilda's hair looks GORGEOUS...but also with glitz. Another beautiful card, Heather :)

cheryl said...

wow this is stunning what a great image colured so beautifully too love cheryl xxxx

Chrissie said...

She looks so beautiful Heather and I'm LOVIN' that lace, it really does mirror her petticoats, so yet another success sweetie! Your colouring is always superb.
I do hope your new PC is over it's sulks and is going to play nicely from now on as I've really missed all your lovely creations.

Danielle said...

Oh Heather, a gorgeous card! Loving the colours and Tilda is stunning! Love all her sparkle and your lace and flower embellishments look fabulous on the card! Fantastic work! I hope your computer woes are over!
Hugs, Danielle

Georgia said...

Wow wow wow, this is soo beautiful Heather, absolutely lovely! The lace looks stunning, and I love how you've ruched it up like that. I love all the gems and sparkle and your colouring is gorgeous! :)
Have a nice weekend.
Love, Georgia xx

CraftyC said...

Your card is beautiful Rica, I love the colours and fab colour combo.
Clairex

SheilaS said...

Rica this is exquisite. She is a real little poppet. Those flowers and pearls are gorgeous. Love her corkscrew curls which you have coloured perfectly

Kirsten Alicia said...

The image is adorable & I LOVE the whole card - utterly beautiful.

Leigh said...

You're right Heather, her hair is gorgeous. Love your card and again your colouring is just right. Love those flowers.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely card! so nice in colours and flowers and glitter!
I love it!

Hugs
Elma

Anonymous said...

Soooooo gorgeous Heather.. love her too, and the way you've colored her is stunning!
Hugs, Marlene x

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow what a gorgeous card, love the lace, the colours, and this image is adorable, wish I had one lol, your cards perfect in every way xx

Hugs Liz xx

Christine said...

Ohhh Heather what can I say about this amazing creation that hasnt been said already??? stunning image & colouring, gorgeous colour combo & of course these embellies are so lush..big WOWS..

hugs Christine xx

Squirrel said...

What an adorable image! Personally I'm loving the lace, pearls and flowers.
Rosey x

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card, Heather! You have used some of my favourite things; lace, pearls, flowers, and sparkle! How do you colour so well with you Copics? I'm still working my way towards giving mine a go.
Thanks for you lovely comments.

Love Anthea xo.

Kit said...

oh my what a beautiful card so much detail and beautiful colouring in

Simone said...

This card is great, Heather!!! I love this image and this wonderful lace! :-)
Simone

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...