Tuesday 29 September 2009

Create 4 Fun - A Sketch

A fabulous sketch at Create 4 Fun this week - I'm really into lots of layering at the moment. I'm not particularly good at it but it's fun to do and well 'Practice makes perfect' doesn't it?

I used my Manga Boy from Funky kits (these are great fun to colour), used Copics to colour him and stamped round the edge of the image with one of Stempelgledes grunge stamps. The papers are from Basic Grey's Indian Summer range (really love these) and the leaves I bought at the little Supermarket across the road. I wanted to stitch round the edges but the only thread I had in the right colour was too thick for my machine - no time to hand stitch so I inserted a brad in each corner and wrapped the thread around these - I think it sort of works.



Image  -  Funky Kits Manga boy
Medium  - Copic markers
Papers  -  Basic Grey Indian Summer
Tools  -  EK Success scalloped scallop border punch
Embellishments  -  Brads & thread from stash, leves Edeka supermarket

17 comments:

Moni said...

Beautiful card, love the image and the papers are fab! Great colouring! Hugs, Moni

Desire Fourie said...

This is gorgeous Rica. Love the autumn feel.
Hugs
Desire

Mel said...

Fab card! love the colouring, just great xxxx

June Houck said...

Wow...I love how you colored your Manga boy. Brilliant! You already have your BG Indian Summer papers; my order has not shipped yet :(

Love the leaves too. I am so happy it is finally autumn!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

What great colors!! He is such a cutie :)

CraftyC said...

Lovely card Rica, the hair looks fantastic!
Clairex

SheilaS said...

Another fabulous card. You have done that layering brilliantly. I adore these manga images

Laura (Faerielore) said...

so cute darling love those leaves xxxx

a portland granny said...

Wonerful card with great fall colors. I saw this sketch on another site and really like it. Great card!

Chrissie said...

A fabulous card (again) Heather and I think the thread and brad trick really works well.

mueppi said...

Hello my dear Heather
yes, Bergen is unfortunately very far from Dusseldorf, but maybe there is a possibility that we meet next year!?
I've never been on the Stempelmekka in Hilden!
I wish you a pleasant evening and fürhl you well in your new home !!!!!!!!
Your card is wonderful!!!!!!!
Big hugs Gisela

Sandie said...

Great card Heather!! The colours are so rich. Love that Manga image :)

Tara said...

YAY, looks like your papers arrived safely then mate!
What a pretty card Heather and your image is just gorgeous! Love those leaves too - you must have a great supermarket!!
Hugs Tara xx

Anne-Marije said...

What a nice card with great colors. Thans for joining us at the Create4fun challenge!
xxx Anne-Marije

Dawn♥ said...

WOW absolutely COOL and CUTE! Love it! :0
♥Dawn♥

Mandi said...

AWW super image and card

My natural blonde hair looks like that atm hehehe

mandi xx

Julie said...

Fabulous - so evocative of autum. Brill colouring again - his hair is amazing. Juliex

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...