Monday 24 August 2009

Friday Sketchers

I love the sketch at Friday Sketchers this week and really enjoyed making this card which just flowed. As my removal men left a box behind which contained all my 12"x12" papers and cardstock I am reduced to searching my stash to find alternatives. I have pile of velums, patterned and plain which I've had for years and I've used just a few of them here. If backed with white paper or card they are so effective. I've even used some of the pale green vellum to cut out the leaves which gives them a gentle, dainty look. My gorjuss girl is coloured with Copics, cut and embossed with round nesties and then coloured round the perimeter. I normally use inks but decided to use pearlised chalks which give a lovely sparkly effect, but do look better if you don't get them in the images hair!! I have now wiped them off and will re-photograph this in daylight tomorrow. The center flower is from Hobbycraft and the two heather stems either side were from my local market in Blackburn.

Materials
Stamp - Sugar Nellie Gorjuss Girls
Mediums - Copic markers & Dovecraft pearlised chalks
Papers - Unknown
Tools - Spellbinders round nesties : Leone Em ash branch punch : Woodware leaf punch
Embellishments - Larger rose Hobbycraft : Heather stems - local market : Pearls - Basic Grey

19 comments:

Helen said...

Beautiful card - I love the way you've coloured her hair!
Hope you're soon reunited with your papers!
Helen x

Moni said...

Hi Heather, you did fab card,love the colour combo and this Gorjuss girl is so cute! Love the layout and the flowers! Have a fab rest of the evening! Hugs,Moni

Mina said...

stunning card Heather, love the GG and how you used your flowers, I will have to have a go at this sketch
Mina xxx

Julie M said...

Ooh that's pretty, Heather. Love the vellum leaves. I love this sketch too, have just finished my version but it's way too dark to photograph.

Of all the boxes for the removal men to leave behind, why that one???!!!! Hope it hasn't gone missing, that would be the worst.

Julie

Iren said...

Wow I love this adorable card! So lovely painting and the colors is fab! The flower emblishments is so lovely! I do love the image too!!!

Hugs from Iren

Christine said...

Another stunner Heather great GG very pretty colour combo love it...
Christine xx

ps... have sent you an email...

Julie said...

Gorjuss card with fantastic colouring.

Squirrel said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty! The vellum makes it just so soft and delicate. Love it!
Rosey x

Sue said...

Hi Heather
wow stunning card hun, beautiful colouring, fabby colours, lovely flowers, luv it,sue.x

Crafting Queen said...

Stunning, love the colouring of your image. Anesha

Michele Roos said...

Beautiful card Heather. Love the image you've used and the perfect colouring also. Pretty papers and details to. Hugs Michele x

Chrissie said...

Another little beauty Heather!
I've missed my visits lately and am now catching up (again!)
Loving the look of this, these vellums and the chalks give such a soft look.

Fru Larsen said...

What a wonderful card you have made, i love purple and green - so it can't get better..

Have a nice day
Fru Larsen

Kim Costello said...

Gorgeous card Heather love how you've done the gorjuss soft, shiny hair very pretty! Hope you're enjoying your new place and getting organised, HuGs Kim :)

Sandie said...

What a gorjuss card Heather!! I just love the image and the colours are fantastic. Yummy flowers!!!

Laura (Faerielore) said...

such a gorgeous card hun and i love those vellum leafs, so effective

Maria Matter said...

Hi Heather!
Hope you are well! Had to pop over and tell you how much I love this card! It's just gorgeous... such beautiful colors and design! Your gorjuss girl is colored so fabulously...great shimmery effect!
take care
Blessings, Maria

Riet said...

BEAUTIFUL Heather,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers annd flowers.

Hugs Riet.x

Sandra1968 said...

A beautiful card! I love the colour combination and the way you coloured the girl's hair.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...