Sunday 21 June 2009

Friday Sketchers and Just Magnolia

I actually managed to make a card today. I spent all of yesterday when I got home from work trying to sort out my crafting stuff. What I could manage without for 3 weeks whilst it is in transit - not easy - in fact impossible. Stamps - no problem, I'll just stamp up a load of images and take those - but what medium - I think pastels and pencils have to be the best bet. This is where it starts getting difficult, no cuttlebug, few flowers and embellies and papers ??? Right stop waffling Heather.

I think I've managed two challenges with this card, Just Magnolia's Summer and I've used the sketch from Friday Sketcher's. I found Summer theme quite difficult as it is so cold and wet here at the moment. I coloured Tilda with Derwent oil pastels and matted her on nesties labels 4. The leaf flourish is BossKut as are the larger flowers. The smaller flowers are EK Success retro and the stamens Leone Em. The papers are SU and the BC cream linen.
Materials
BC - cream linen
Papers - SU
Image - Magnolia
Medium - Derwent Oil pastels
Dies - BossKut leaf flourish& flower
Punches - EK Suucess retro flower & Leone Em stamen
Spellbinders - Labels 4
Rest from stash

18 comments:

Georgia said...

Hi Heather,
Wow - beautiful card! I love the Nesties you've used and those flowers are sooo pretty! I hope the move is going OK - I just read about the pet flight costs on your last post, is your cat royal by any chance? Lol!
Love, Georgia xx

Moni said...

So fab gorgeous card, you did great job! Lovely Coloured Tilda and love the papers and the flowers! Hope you had great weekend! Hugs, Moni

Larissa said...

Great card Heather! Lovely papers and perfect coloring!
Good luck with your move. 3 weeks without most of your craft stuff.......how terrible! I guess we are going to see some a lot of clean and simple cards if you don't have your crafty stuff. :)
I hope everything will go well!

Hugs,
Larissa

Tara said...

This is really pretty Heather and I reckon you captured the summer theme just fine!
PMSL, just read Georgia's comment and I have to say I was thinking the same thing really. Is it called Charles or Camilla by any chance, lol? xx

Sandra1968 said...

Such a cute card :-)
And good luck with the move!

Sue said...

Hi Heather sorry im still slackin!! gorgeous card hun, fabby colours, coloured perfect as always, great backing papers, sue.xx

Tab said...

Ooooh love your card, hun! Fab image and the colours, papers and embellies are divine!
Hugs Tab xxx

Pia said...

wow Heather, just beautiful.
hugs from Pia

Unknown said...

wow heather your card looks so wonderful and really pretty.
thank you for joining in the friday sketchers challenge and using my sketch.
hugs, bea

Unknown said...

how gorgeou is this again and again you do such lovely stunning cards and always left drooling lol!!!!! hugs sassyx

de said...

Sooo pretty! I love the color combo and I always love those little wispy leaves you use! I want some! :-)

Laura (Faerielore) said...

beautiful card the papers are gorgeous and this tilda is just so sweet. i had a read of your other post too !!!! OMG how much ekkkk i bet you were heving kittens (hehehehe sorry) good luck with the move xxxx

gina g said...

Hi Heather such a beautiful card and i love the papers you have used. luv gina xx

Danielle said...

Very pretty card Heather - love this Tilda! Very pretty colours and papers!
Hugs, Danielle

June Houck said...

I don't do well when I travel and can only pack a few stamping supplies. I have recently discovered BasicGrey card kits. These have been a pretty good solution for me. Easy to pack; just need adhesives, scissors, white gel pen, and a black journaling pen (to add faux stitching or doodles.) They satisfy my need to create something, even if it is not original.

Sandie said...

Beautiful card. She's my favourite Tilda :) love the papers you've used.

Good luck with the move!

Karen said...

Aaaaawww she's a cutie. Beautiful card Heather.

Love Karen x

Riet said...

Wowww Heather,what beautiful,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers and details.

Hugs Riet.x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...