Friday 29 May 2009

Whiff of Joy #32 - Blue & Brown

Brown and blue are the colours at Whiff of Joy this week - two of my favourites - I love brown with any colour, especially pastels.
I chose to do a 'boy' card as I have a few boy birthdays coming up.
Not sure what the paper is - no name - but perfect for what I wanted. Iembossed the brown behind Oakley with the Forest branch folder, decided it looked like a tree trunk and added some leaves - thought flowers would be to girly so I used circles and thought they could represent berries or acorns or even conkers. As the leaves and 'berries' are brown it must be autumn so Oakelys apples had to be Russet reds which I think are autumn apples. (Yeah right I think I've landed on Cloud 1, Cuckoo Land again) . The sentiments are Inkadinkado which I stamped onto die-cut leaves I've had forever and I've just noticed the card candy I've added to the corners (again because they look like berries) - the top left one has slipped, I expect it's well and truly stuck down by now.

15 comments:

Sandie said...

What a great 'boy' card!! This is one type of card I struggle with and that WOJ stamp makes it a lot easier.

Love your colouring and those papers are fab!! Are those leaves die-cuts??

June Houck said...

I love those leaves and your tree trunk; they turned out beautifully. You are so creative!

Danielle said...

wow, I love this card Heather! Fantastic details and colour combo! Oakley is just coloured beautifully. All those leaves are just fabulous and make this a spectacular boys card!
Hugs, Danielle

Karen said...

Absolutely gorjus. really love the colouyrs and the image. He's such a cutie.

Love Karen xxx

Sandra1968 said...

A real boy card. I love it! And great what you did with the embossed tree.

Michele Roos said...

WOW stunning card Heather. Love the image and the beautiful colouring. Great papers and added details also. Hope you're having a lovely weekend. Hugs Michele x

Bec said...

WOW... I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card.. I love the colour combo.. This is a favorite of mine.. Bec xx

Cheryl said...

Beautiful,love the design and your fantastic circles!!!
Hugs xx

Tara said...

Oh this is so gab Heather - I really love all those circular flowers and the colours you've worked with are divine! xx

Katy said...

Gorgeous card Heather, love the colours and the image

xx

pink rose said...

wow.
sick colour is very nice!!!
Gorgeous image.

Jenny said...

Wow,deine Karte ist supertoll.

Moni said...

So gorgeous card, love the colour combo and the image is so fab! Love the details! Have a fab weekend! Hugs, moni

Riet said...

Wowww Heather,what a beautiful card,l love the stamp and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Diamond Doll said...

Wow fab card Rica.Your colourings brill.
Trish (-:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...