Monday 13 April 2009

A 'Circular Journal' Page

I'm on forum where we have going what we call a 'Circular Journal' and every six weeks
or so we send a page to a different member for their journal. It rotates so when we have finished we will all have keepsake made each of the other members. The pages are 6"x6"
so they can be kept in a small album.

We use the use the likes/preferences of the member we are making our current page for. This time I chose a blue/cream colour combination, Sugar Nellie images, ribbons, bows and flowers from the 'likes' list. The images are coloured with distress inks and I used downloaded papers from Designer Digitals. I mounted the SN image Reflective on nestabilites curved rectangles and left one side open as a pocket in which to slip a tag with the name of who the page is for, who it's from, the date and details of materials used etc.
I find it is so satisfying creating these pages knowing the person's preferences and
now I just have to hope she likes it!!




20 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

What a great idea Heather. These pages are gorgeous and I am sure the recipient will just love it to bits. Hugs from Desire

Moni said...

OMG both cards are fab, stunning. love the colour combo and all details and the images are so sweet! Love the layouts you used! Have a nice Monday! Hope you did not eat lots of chocolate, I din not! :) Hugs, moni

Julie said...

Both of these are just beautiful Heather.

AN said...

beautiful--beautiful--:))

SallyB said...

Oh just beautiful..I love the stamp on the first card..Is it Daisy? She has been out of stock when I have looked. The Blues are so calming and peaceful!

Unknown said...

oh wow......arnt hese just the cutest cards lovin the colours..the colouring is superb...just fantastic....lv sassyx

Caroline said...

Thank you for your comment, my mother is blushing :-) I like your blog, your cards are gorgeous.

de said...

Wow! What a great idea! I'll have to think about that one... This is beautiful! I always love all the hard work and love you put in to your creations!

Sue said...

Wow these are fab, I love these colours it all works so well! Sue xx

Tara said...

I think whoever receives these will be delighted Heather - they're just beautiful and it's a great idea!! xx

Chris said...

Hi Heather, I think this is such a lovely idea, and even better that you know what the person likes first. A very lovely keepsake when it's all finished off. Thank you so much for the Birthday wishes, I had a lovely day. Hugs, Chris x

Christine said...

Whats not to like with these stunning creations as always & beautiful colour combo.

Christine xx

Sam said...

Beautiful pages Heather, I am sure the recipient will love them. What a lovely idea, have heard about circle journals but never taken part in one yet!
Sam x

Sam said...

Beautiful pages Heather, I am sure the recipient will love them. What a lovely idea, have heard about circle journals but never taken part in one yet!
Sam x

Bev said...

Beautiful! Love the fab papers and colours - such sweet images too Heather. Hope you've had a fabby Easter x

Tasha said...

Gosh Heather - these are both amazing - love the colours and the colouring of the iamges - wow! the DP is great
love tasha xx

SheilaS said...

Rica these pages are out of this world. Storm will love them. I use the paint brush you gave me a while ago all the time but unfortunately your magic touch didn't come with it. i really love all your creations and you definately inspire me. Wonderful pages

gina g said...

Hi Heather i am sure she will love it its gorgeous love the papers and your colouring is spot on as usual. luv gina xx

Alex (Paper-and-More) said...

hi,
this is a very beautyful carrd!

hugs from germany
alexandra

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...