Saturday 3 January 2009

Basic Grey - Challenge 17 - 1st sketch of 2009

For the first challenge of 2009 on the BasicGrey Challenge Blog, we thought we would start with a sketch. Martine has drawn this fantastic sketch for us to play with. Feel free to resize or flip the sketch, just as long as the original sketch can be seen in your creation you are
good to go, and of course not forgetting to use at least one item from BasicGrey
somewhere in your creation.


I've been wanting to do a little sketchbook for my German grandaughter for some time and thought this is the perfect opportunity. Hannah loves drawing Manga figures and I did actually draw a Manga figure for the front but it turned out too big. (I'm not good at drawing in miniature). I used the Sugared papers, and Coloured Lizzy with pastels I cut the flowers with the EK success Retro punch and the Leaves with the Leone Em ash branch punch. ribbon and brads from stash.



NOW - this is where the fun began - I assembled the front and back pages and when I came to insert them into the Bind-It-All - they wouldn't fit - too thick. WHY - they were the original ones I bought with the machine? I didn't know whether to laugh, cry or scream. I thought I was going to have to start over but the answer came with my Cropodile. I painstakingly measured and cut each hole on the back, then the front and finally the inner pages. The wires slipped through and closed fairly easily PHEW - done!!!


24 comments:

Annie said...

Thank goodness you were able to save the day Heather. This book is just beautiful.

I love the colours.

Ann xxx

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Absolutely gorgeous Heather - I'm sure your granddaughter will love it. Nice creative use of the crop-o-dile in the emergency you had!
Sharon x

Pauline said...

Gorgeous card, i like everything about it. well done you :o)

Tara said...

This is beautiful Heather, I love the colours! So glad you managed to get there in the end using your cropadile, I bet your grandaughter will be delighted! xx

Powerful Search Engine said...

I am sure your grandaughter will treasure this beautifully decorated notebook. Pascalex

The Crafty Blonde said...

Fabulous card, love the image which is coloured beautifully, the papers you have chosen, actually love everything about it. Your granddaughter will love it.
Bet your were glad you had a crop-o-dile.
Lyndsey xx

gina g said...

wow i love this and so will your granddaughter. gina xx

Andrea said...

So adorable ..

Tracey said...

This is simply gorgeous!! Love the colours and that pp. Your granddaughter will love it I am sure!

Moni said...

Fab card, just love it! Hugs, moni

Tara Godfrey said...

Heather, your sketch book is so beautiful! I'm sue your granddaughter is going to just love it to bits!!! I love this sweet little girl and you coloured her so beautifully! The papers are so gorgeous too!!! Great creation!!!
Hugs,t

Sharon said...

This is beautiful. I love those colours together and I must get over to Funky Kits NOW and order that stamp!

Chris said...

Hi Heather, I think the sketch book you made is fantastic and your Granddaughter is going to love it so much! Glad it all came together in the end. Chris x

Sue said...

oh wow this is a stunning card, absolutley beautiful, luv it, scrummy papers n great colouring, sue.xx

mueppi said...

Another wonderful card!
I love all your works!
Hugs Gisela

NormaB said...

I love this card. The image is precious and the color combo beautiful.

Anonymous said...

i think the archive you wirte is very good, but i think it will be better if you can say more..hehe,love your blog,,,

Kim Costello said...

Heather, I think your sketch book you made is fantastic, love the colours and your use of sketch! Your Granddaughter is going to love it so much!
HuGs Kim x

Anonymous said...

It seems my language skills need to be strengthened, because I totally can not read your information, but I think this is a good BLOG

Maria Matter said...

Wow, Heather, that sounds like alot of work...but the result is beautiful!! Your coloring always looks so well done!!! I'm sure this will be well received!
Blessings, Maria

Julie said...

This is so pretty

Danita said...

What a gorgeous card!! I love your image you used and the papers. Gonna have to get me some Sugar. lol Your granddaugter is going to love this!!! Great job!!!

Desire Fourie said...

What a gorgeous little sketch book with a front cover that can only inspire maginificent sketches to be drawn within. I am sure the recipient will treasure it. Hugs from Desire

Sue said...

What a gorgeous book, your grand-daughter is sure to love. Well done with the Cropodile!
Sue xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...