Friday 15 April 2011

Copic Creations 48 - Favourite Paper for Copic colouring!!

This week at Copic Creations we are trying out Cryogen paper!!
It seems whenever you come across the subject of Copics on message boards, craft sites, etc. there are always numerous discussions on “what’s the best paper to use when coloring with Copics“.   Well, we’d like to hear from you on this!  
Our Design Team was recently introduced to the newest paper in the Copic blending family ~Cryogen White cardstock from our awesome sponsor this week … the Paper Temptress.

Sooooooooooo, how would YOU like to try some of these awesome papers from the Paper Temptress (including Cryogen White)?!     Our prize this week for one lucky participant is . . .

 A $25.00 Gift Certificate to the Paper Temptress store!!


On the challenge blog you’ll find a poll with the most popular papers available for Copics … please take a minute to let us know which is YOUR favorite.


I found the Cryogen white an absolute dream for both colouring and blending - it has a beautiful slightly irridescent sheen to it and really maintains the rich colours of the Copics. I shall cerainly using this again and I hope I can acquire a stock without exorbitant postage costs. I also used the 'Hot Fudge Pop tones 100#'  and the Starburst Lichen - both supplied by Patricia (of Paper Temptress) which I stamped with a damask stamp and coated with perfect pearl (I mixed the blue and green together to achieve the turquoisey colour) It stamped beautifully and has the most glorious sheen - I have included a photograph which I hoped would show the pearly sheen but it doesn't!!
For the cross panel I used a Laura Ashley stamp and stamped randomly over the cs. I used Archival ink in Coffee, inked it up once then stamped 2/3 times to achieve the dark and light  impressions. The ovals are cut with my nesties and the upper one embossed with the textile folder, the swirls and base flowers cut with Marianne Creatables and the flowers and ribbon are from my stash.



Below is the  inside of the card


Below is the photograph of the paper which I hope showed the beautiful pearly sheen of the damask stamping but sadly doesn't. 
Perhaps it time I took some photography lessons!!


Copics used
Hair - Y0000, E70, E71, E74
Clothes - B0000, B00, B05, B07, BG09
Skin - E00, E02, E11, R20
The browns - E40, E43, E44, E47, E49

I'm entering this card into the following challenges
Lovely hAnglars Only who want no designer paper
The Stamp Man embossing
Crafts and Me who want Ribbons



Photobucket

19 comments:

Little K Smith said...

A beautiful card Heather, gorgeous colours and papers, love the embossing too :)
Kelly.x

Moni said...

Stunning card as always, fab image and colouring. Lovely details. Have a fab weekend. HUgs,MOni

Sandra1968 said...

This card is very beautiful! And I love your colouring.
Hugs, Sandra

Shazza said...

gorgeous card heather, love the colour combo x

Mandi said...

Fantastic card hunni
I read your blurb as Copics bleeding paper..hehe quite a good name really, except it would be non bleeding lol
Have a good weekend
mandi xx

chrissy xx said...

A Fabulous card both inside and out! What a cutie your image is. LOve your colours too.
Chrissyxx

the PaperTemptress said...

Beautiful, love the colors you chose. I agree so much about catching the beautiful sheen on a photo, if every one could see the beautiful cardstock that PaperTemptress's carries I wouldn't be able to keep it in stock.
Patricia
the PaperTemptress

Paula (PEP) said...

I can see the shimmer - especially when I enlarge it. Looks quite amazing. Love the colours too & those brown flowers are super; I really like the way you've mixed the brown & black too - so effective with the turquoise.
Paula (PEP)

Tasha said...

Wow what a stunning card, the colours are fabulous and i love the swirls and flowers
love tasha xx

Sue B said...

Wow! This is beautiful. I love the design and the colours, really gorgeous. The image is adorable and you have coloured it perfectly. I love the embossing too!

Sue xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card heather :-) I am here looking for inspiration on using swirls :-) they always look so out of place on my cards and so perfect on yours :-)


luv
Lols x x x

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Heather,I love the image and the colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Lisa said...

Gorgeous card, and thanks for the paper heads up! Thanks for joining us at The Stamp Man challenge.

gina g said...

Hi Heather Gorgeous card hun the image is very sweet and the papers and detail are beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me this week. luv gina xx

Hope you are keeping well. xx

Vicky said...

WOW...this is really beautiful I am drooling over those papers.
Thank you for joining us girlies over at Crafts & Me Challenges, hope you will join us again.

Hugs Vicky xx

Marina said...

That's just beautiful Heather!
I love ypur papers and the design and your colouring are fantastic!

Thanks for playing with us at "lovely hÄnglar only" again,

hugs,
Marina

RoseC said...

My you've been busy!!! Heather, this card is beautiful. I love all of your stamping details. Nicely done. ~ Rose

Liz's creative corner said...

Hi Heather sorry hunny only just seen this, wow love it, will check out the link, hugs Liz xx

Nicolchen said...

WOW...what a stunning card...the colors you´ve used are so wonderful...simply gorgeous :0)))

Thanks for playing with us at lho ;0)

Hugs Nicole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...