Saturday 12 February 2011

Totally Papercrafts

Look everybody - 'I've done a 'Clean and Simple' card, not something you'll see on this blog very often.
Trouble is I'm still not happy with it - it looks naked to me and my itchy fingers desperately want to add something!! Perhaps if I'd used a smaller image and put the borders all round I would have been happier!!


The image is digi image called 'Noon' and from Crafts and Me and I've sat her one a swing from Make it Crafty. I merged the images in Gimp and printed it straight onto the card and coloured her with Polychromos (gosh I'm really out of practice with these!!) I embossed a frame around the image with Go Kreate dies and then inked the edges with distress inks. I cut two borders from Cuttlebug Floral border die, placed them on either side then added small blue pearls. I finished it by stamping the sentiment (from a Hero Arts set) directly on to the card.
It might be Clean and Simple but it certainly wasn't quick and easy - it took me ages to complete.

This is for the challenge at Totally Papercrafts who want Clean and Simple so I should say a big thank you to them for "really Challenging me!!"


Right I shall now get back to commenting if Mr. Google will let me - he's being somewhat truculent again - I keep getting the message 'Server cannot connect..........' he wouldn't even let me on my own blog at one point!!
Photobucket

23 comments:

Christine said...

Hi Heather love your CAS look so fresh & clean..lovely image & colouring pretty card..

smiles Christine xx

G Peplow said...

Hi Heather, wow it's great, love that beautiful fairy image and the cuttlebug die, I've wanted that one for ages! Glad you left it CAS makes a delightful change:0) xxx

Chrissie said...

I think you've managed the CAS look beautifully Heather. A truly stunning card!
lol Chrissie xx

Georgia said...

This is so pretty Heather! I love the fresh white colour scheme and clean and simple design and the image is coloured to perfection! :) Love, Georgia xx

sallysbitz2 said...

This is just stunning.
You do not need to add anything else it is perfect as it is x

My cards take forever too Lol, it's the choosing of papers and other embelishments to add, we are sooo critical of our own work x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

Renkata said...

Hi Heather,
Magical image and you created such a magical card.

angelwhispers said...

Heather this is just Stunning and love the colours!! Would love to be able to print my digis like this!!! Wonderful Chanelle xxxx

shaz*crafts said...

Love this card!!Sometimes less is more and i agree with that for your card sometimes with so many embelishments on a card the image gets a bit lost but not here your image really pops out well done you pop over to my blog theres something for you Sharon.x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Heather :-) you did a brilliant job with the CAS !! the image is beautiful and I love the die cuts ,,, :-)

thanks for joining us on the TPC :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Hev said...

Love the card, it definitely doesn't need anything else, it's beautiful just as it is.
Luv Hev xx

CraftyC said...

A gorgeous card and I don't think its plain at all!
Clairex

Cards By MI said...

It's a wonderful card my friend! Stunning colouring and to me in feels peaceful. Really lovely!
Love n hugs
Marie

Leigh said...

I like it Heather. The image is beautifully coloured.

Irene said...

Lovely card and beautiful coloring!! I just adore it!! Hugs Irene

Paula (PEP) said...

CAS is Clean Adds Strife/Struggle. They definitely are very hard & I just want to add a layer & stamping the image straight onto the card is just dire.
That's some digital manipulation & I love her wings & socks.
Paula (PRP)

Anonymous said...

wonderful!!!!!!!!!
Hugs
Elma

Sandra1968 said...

Clean and simple, but also very gorgeous!
But I can imagine that it's hard not to add something. For me too it's very difficult to make a CAS card ;-)
But yours is just perfect.
Have a nice day,
Sandra

Crafting Queen said...

Perfect as it is, love the colours you used in the image! :)

Eija said...

Lovely card!
It's really refreshing to see cards like this for a change :)

Sue said...

Hi Hun
a beautiful card, lovely image & colouring as always, thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week,hope to see you next time, sue,x

Julie said...

Fabulous - you still have lots of detail with all yoru embossing and die cutting!! Gorgeous image too, Juliex

Moni said...

Beautiful card as always, fab image. Hugs,moni

Tasha said...

Wow this is incredible. the way you have coloured the iamge is stunning
love tasha xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...