Friday 13 August 2010

I'm Back with Mo's Digital Challenge

I'm back - new specs and I can see clearly again!!! After 10 days of being banned from the computer and close work (ie no colouring images) I'm practically crawling up the wall. I was very good and only cheated a little, but it hurt my eyes and gave me bad headaches so I really had no incentive to cheat. One pair of specs so far for close work, one to come for distance - I really messed my eyes up working when I shouldn't have - the cost - eeeeek!! Think of all the crafting goodies I could have bought, there again I wouldn't have been able to see to craft so I suppose I shouldn't grumble.

Here is my first card made from scratch for almost a fortnight. I looked a the challenge at Mo's Digital Challenge this week, saw the photo image and the beautiful green and orange silks immediately made me think of India, so I think I've gone with the feel of the photograph rather than the look and it had to be this adorable image of Aashi in a Sari, couldn't be any other.


I coloured Aashi with Copics, and uses gems for her earrings and the hair ornament - had a bit of a oops there - decided to cut the corners with the cuttlebug after I had applied the gems -  I then had three flattened squashed gems that I had to change, fortunately squashing them also loosened them. I thought these MME papers were perfect for and Indian theme, especially the paisley as for some reason I've always thought of paisley of Asian origin - probably something I've read in the past. I kept the embellishments fairly simple and I think the image, the colours and patterns speak for themselves. The buttons and gems are all from my stash.

I searched it out of curiosity and this is quote I came up with from Paisley.org.uk
It can we traced back to the Indo-European cultures of 2,000 and more years ago. In Britain the pattern is represented in Celtic art, which died out in Europe under the influence of the Roman Empire. However in India the motif continued to flourish in many different art forms. It was first used on shawls in Kashmir, and examples of this work were brought back to Britain by the East India Company in the mid 18th century.
So I wasn't entirely wrong - for a change!!


Hope you all have a fabulous weekend - I'd got ahead with my DT cards, now I'm all behind again so I shall enjoy catching up and lots of crafting.

Photobucket

21 comments:

Christine said...

Hi Heather stunning creation love the vibrant colour combo..great image, your colouring is ace..fab DPs love it. glad you got the specs sorted..

smiles Christine xx

Aunty Sue said...

oh this is wonderful and good to see you back. As for the price of glasses it is silly money. Why we have to pay soo much is beyond me. My last pair nearly 3 years ago cost nearly £400 and most of that was the glass not frames.

Dianne said...

Gorgeous Card !! You colored her to perfection and the papers are a perfect match for the image.

Hugs,
Dianne

CraftyC said...

Your card is totally gorgeous Heather, beautifully coloured and a lovely choice of stamp!
Clairexx

Alberto said...

So cute card, Heather!
The stamp is sweet and the papers pretty!

Hugs, Albert

Julie said...

Glad to hear you're back in business Heather. Your card is lovely beautifully coloured as always.

Rhonda Miller said...

Beautiful. I love that image. TFS.

Elaine L. said...

This is a great card! I love the added sparkle and those pretty papers. Thanks for taking part in Mo's Challenge this week.

cheryl said...

oh really love this hun,the papers are so pretty too,hugs cheryl xx

C said...

Fabulous coloring!!!

Paula (PEP) said...

Sight is so valuable - glad you're on the mend again. I too associate Paisley with India. I love your buttons & gems - the way they tie in with your papers & that punched border on the pink/orange panel is stunning.
Take care
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

debby4000 said...

Adorable sweet card Heather, wonderful colouring.
luv
Debby

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Heather,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sandra said...

Hello Heather.
Welcome back. Love your card!
Hugs and kisses Paula

Renkata said...

ohhh my, ohhh my gosh Heather , this is amaizing colouring. Great layout. Just divine.
Please, tell me which Copics colours have you use I love the colour combo.

Jokecreatief said...

Hi Heather,

Your card is very beautifull. Fine coulors and pretty papers. Yes, glasses are expensive, ive got them myselve.

hugs Joke xxxx

Sandra1968 said...

A beautiful card. And glad you've got now a good pair of glasses ;-)
Hugs, Sandra

Tasha said...

Heather your colour work iis outstanding. I love the combo you have used and the cute image
love tasha xx

Joey said...

Hiya Heather Hun

oh I do hope the specs help, must have been a nightmare!!!
this is a gorgeous card I love this image she is so easy to work with!
Joey.x

Kristyn @ Good Gravy Crafts said...

Wow Heather you out did yourself on this!! So fun playing along with you on Mo's!
xx-Kristyn

Lisa said...

UGH Please delete my previous post as my brain is FRIED! lol Here's what I meant to say:
Wow Rica this is stunning! You've colored her perfectly! So nice to see you on Mo's Challenge!
HUGS:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...