Saturday 22 May 2010

Mo's Digital Challenge

I have so many of Mo's images sat in my file I haven't had time  to use lately. 
The theme at Mo's Digital Challenge this week is "What's love got to do with it?" What has love got to do with it you might ask when you see
 the image I've used. When I was a child I had my hair in two little pigtails
 - I also had a little trike - it was Maroon, and at about three years old that trike was the love of my life. This image reminds me so much of  peddling my way happily through life, until sadly I grew and my trike didn't and I had to 
say goodbye to it..


I coloured this image before I chose papers - WRONG!! I normally choose the image, then the papers and colour accordingly. I could not find papers to match the image but eventually dug out these Basic Grey Christmas papers (trashing my room in the process) - they are a mixture of Dasher and Fruit cake. I followed the sketch at Friday Sketchers, the border is cut with an EKSuccess punch and the flowers with a Nellie Snellon punch and emboss punch, everything else is from my stash.
Copics used
Jeans  -  B0000, B00, B93, 95 & 97
Jacket -  G0000, G20 & G28
Trike and ladybird bag - R00, R20, 27 & 29
Hair  -  Y0000, E31, E70, 71 & 77



I knew exactly what I wanted to do with this image when I bought it. I wanted to leave it basically uncoloured and let it 'speak' for itself. I just love the joy on the faces of these nuns.I suppose this could fall into the category of LOVE - they certainly seem to be loving life. I printed them onto a cream cardstock, coloured again with Copics, cut them out with a MS punch, simply added corners cut with an EK Success punch and a little black bling.
I think this stunning Graphic 45 paper is just perfect as a background for them.The ribbon is a sort of cotton twill I cut of something ages ago, I tied a knot, frayed the ends and added a small cross charm.
Had a little 'oops' with this one when the cat jumped on my knee, dug his claws in and my pen slid off the image - top left hand nun's head. I managed to remove most of the mark but not quite all - had I used Copic paper probably would have been able to lift it altogether.

Well I was a good girl yesterday, cleaned my house from top to bottom, did my shopping - we have yet another holiday here on Monday, finished off all my paperwork (bar a couple of things in German I need to translate) so this weekend is going to be 'playtime'. Hope you all have a great weekend.

Photobucket

17 comments:

Elaine L. said...

Both of you cards are beautiful! I particularly like your coloring technique on the little girl. Her hair is wonderfully done. Thanks for joining us in Mo's Challenge this week.

Sandie said...

Stunning cards!! Love the image on the first one. I know what you mean about not getting to use them.. I have barely enough hours in my day lately.

LOVE what you've done with the nuns.. .very clever.

Unknown said...

Hi Heather
really beautiful cards love the colouring and papers on the 1st, and the second one your right its just right left as is, Have a great weekend
Christine x

Sandra said...

Hello Heather!
Your card´s are very beautiful. Oh you´ve clean your house? Than you can come to me and clean my house, too. *laught* Have a nice weekend.
Kisses Paula

Sandra1968 said...

Both cards are beautiful! I just love the image of the 1st one and the cross charm on the 2nd fits perfect with the rest of the card.
Have a nice long weekend,
Sandra

ikki said...

Two super cards Heather, and your post is as usually an interesting read. Your colouring is brill on the first, and the lack of on the second is inspirational! I love this image - it expresses joy and life!! Enjoy your playtime, miss you being around. ikki x

Dawn said...

Hiyaaa!
Oooh this is just adorable and the colouring is amazing, love the nuns and the monotones, just gorgeous.

Scorching hot weather here today, can't believe it really¬

Hugs
Dawn
xx

Wendy @ E-1-A said...

Fantastic cards xx

The Wired Angel said...

Both cards are terrific Heather.. thanks for playing along with us at Mo's challenge this week. Hugs, Peggy x

Tasha said...

Heather these are both gorgeous. Love the trike card, the image is so cute and i love the colours you used
love tasha xx

Anonymous said...

Love the story about the "love" of your maroon trike!

Your coloring is great, I "paint" my images and THEN find papers to MATCH..usually, totally "backwards" to how most cards are made! ... but it some how works for me!

Come back NEXT week too!

Anonymous said...

wonderful cards! Love both------ the images are great!
Hugs
Elma

Moni said...

Stunning cards, my dear friend, love the images and papers! Hugs,moni

Cathy (Mercieschild) said...

Wow, love your blog and your cards hugs Cathy

Julie said...

Two fab cards Heather, your colouring is always fantastic.

Heather said...

ADORABLE little girl card and LOVE, absolutely LOVE the nuns! So much fun!

Rosette said...

Wow!! Lovely cards!! :) Fun card with those lovely nuns Heather!! Wish I can look so gorgeous! :) lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...