Thursday 24 September 2009

Colour Create DT and Sketch Saturday

Another two weeks have sped by and it's time for Colour Create once again. This week it's the fabulous Di's to choose the colours and here they are, Hot Pink, Dusky Pink and Hot Chocolate.
The optional extras this time are 'Pearls' and 'Swirls'



Our sponsor this week is the fabulous Simon Says Stamp.
and the lovely Heidi has given us a $25 gift voucher yet again.

Ooooh - didn't I do well this week - I remembered both my pearls and swirls.  No chance of me forgetting these - I love my pearls and my swirls.  I decided my little Manga girl would look good in pink and brown so I stamped her up, coloured with the usual Copics, cut her out and sat her on a brown oval cut with nesties. She looks a little like she's had one too many and is 'listing' somewhat. I've actually lifted the oval and straightened her up but being lazy I couldn't persuade myself to re-photograph the card.  The brown panel are run throught the bug using the Divine swirls folder and I used Magnolia's New Year swirl/flourish stamp on the dusky pink panels. The flowers are cut with the middle sized EK Success retro flower punch, the centers stamped with a Stempleglede flourish flower, the edges inked and a Basic Grey pearl added to the centers. I followed the fabulous Sketch Saturday's sketch and will enter it into this challenge as well.



Image - Funky Kits Manga girl
Medium - Copic Markers
Tools  -  Cuttlebug & oval nesties  :  EKSuccess Retro flower punch   :
Embellishments  -  Magnolia New Year flourish stamp  :  Stempelglede grunge flower stamp  :  Basic Grey Pearls  :  ribbon from stash

27 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous, wonderful Manga girl and beautiful details.
luv
Debby

LOUISE said...

Beautiful card Rica, love the Manga Kid, she has been coloured to perfection. Love it! Louise x

Wilma said...

Hi Heather - this is a fantastic card - love the shades you have used and the colouring is to die for:) x

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Heather. Love the cute manga image and the fab colouring also. Pretty papers and flowers to. Hugs Michele x

Sol said...

What a Beautiful Manga Girl! And you have coloured her so beautiful! All the colours you have used are so good toghether. Fantastic card!

Unknown said...

Another fab card colours are gorgeous do love pink and brown they go so well together, and the manga girl is lovely havent got these yet but there on the wishlist. Christine x

Evelyn C said...

delicious colours - fab card x

Jo Nevill said...

Gorgeous card Heather. Love your Manga girl who is coloured beautifully and I love your swirls too ! The flowers you have made are so pretty and those new stamps of yours make all the difference don't they - great purchase !!

Hugs,

Jo xx

Moni said...

Stunning card Heather, you did fab job, love the colour combo and image is so gorgeous! Fab layout! Hugs,moni

Danielle said...

ooo Heather, I love this! Your sweet manga girl is coloured beautifully and the colours are fab! Love those flowers & swirls!
Hugs, Danielle

Tara said...

A stunning card Heather - the colours and image are fabulous and I love all your beautiful embellishments! Got your email and will try to reply tonight ;o)
Have a great day, hugs Tara xx

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card Heather. I love the details on this, especially the flourish swirls! (need these LOL!)
Hugs
Cathy xx

Di said...

WOW rica just fab love this manga girl and did not notice she was slightly wonky, shes fine! love your colours and swirls! Fab!!

Hope your settling in ok!not homesick yet??

Hugs Di xxxx

Dena said...

Heather, this is such a great layout. Your little Manga girl is sooooo very cute! Love it! Hugs, Dena

Laura (Faerielore) said...

beautiful card i do love pink and brown. This manga image is my fav she is sooooo cute

Christine said...

This is wicked Heather gorgeous colour combo & love those pearls n swirls.

huga Christine xx

6 wacky women said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, Heather
I just love your design and beautifully coloured image, The swirls and flowers look wonderful.

Have a great day...
Karen x

Deanne said...

Absolutely awesome Heather! The swirls, the flowers, and of course the image is fabulous!

Love it!
xx-Deanne

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Wow Heather what a fabulous card, pinks my favourite colour and this card is stunning! hugs Linda x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

An awesome card Heather. Stunning layout and flowers. Your colouring on that manga girl is perfect. I adore this creation.
Sharon xx

Karen said...

Absolutely gorjus ! Really beautiful.

Love Karen x

Julie said...

Rica - B-U-Tiful!!!

Chris said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Sharon and your little Manga girl is coloured to perfection! She's only ever so slightly squiffy :D and I wouldn't have re-photographed either. The swirls and stamped flowers are gorgeous with your lovely layout. Eek re BG comments, I got the email from Anthea yesterday but haven't finished mine yet, will do that asap. Hugs, Chris xx

Rach said...

a gorgeous card heather, love the colours and the sweet manga girl. hugs rachxx

Sandra1968 said...

A beautiful card! Great colouring of the girl and I love the stamped flowers.

SheilaS said...

Another gorgeous card. I love the colour and those flowers are gorgeous

gina g said...

Hi Heather I love this its beautiful. luv gina xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...