Thursday 11 September 2008

Daring Cardmakers Challenge

This was another of those cards that didn't turn out remotely as I had planned - another one that designed itself. I kept trying to add something else, thinking it was a little bare - but it just wouldn't take anything, no matter how or what I tried. Funnily enough I rather like it.



I used pink and dark grey pearlized card stock. I stamped the image three times in three different shades of pink and cut them out slightly smaller each time. I used foam pads to give the image some depth and finished by enhancing the stamen with black pearls. I stamped various leaves on white bazzill and mounted the image on top. I finished the card with a rub-on sentiment layered on somepink ribbon.




Stamps: Stampendous - Fresh bloom
Ink Boutique - Silhouettes - leaves

6 comments:

de said...

This is beautiful! It matches your blog design too!

Unknown said...

Wow, how did you ever get the sentiment to go on the ribbon like you did!!! Looks great. I have such a hard time getting ribbons to work for me.

Annie said...

Fabulous - so creative - love the way you have used the beads. Just wow.

Ann xxx

Kathy said...

Welcome to The Daring Cardmakers it's great to have you sharing your lovely cards with us. This is such a fab card, I love the way you've added the pearls, they really bring an extra dimension

Jozza said...

Gorgeous card and I love that flower!

Thanks for joining in with the sare this week - I do hope you come again :o)

Pauline said...

This is really lovely. The beads are great :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...