Monday, 26 July 2010

lovely hAnglars, Sketch Saturday and Wild Orchid

This one is for three challenges
Sketch Saturday love the sketch this week!!
loverly hAnglars only who want lace
Wild Orchid who also want lace, as barely card passes through here without lace this was a sheer pleasure.



I coloured my little hAnglar girl with distress inks, and mounted on a frame cut with a Nellie Snellon die. The papers are SU, the flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts, the flourishes cut with a Marianne createable. The lace is from my ex local market and the beautiful pearl bunch from my adorable friend America. I made the heart buttons using a cuttlebug heart die, stuck several layers together, pierced the holes with a cropodile, covered them with glossy accents, then waited, and waited, and waited,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.....for them to dry.
In a video I saw, Tim Holtz said they only take a couple of minutes to dry, trust mine to take a couple of hours!!! This card would have been posted around 2/3 three o'clock except for the waiting, and I am so impatient. I also cut a heart sentiment but and covered that with glossy accents but couldn't wait for that to dry.
I've had such a lousy couple of days, not ill, but just not feeling right, so making this card was like therapy and it turned out good and I like it.

Photobucket

25 comments:

Crafty Chris said...

Stunning Heather there's no other word for it.
Christine x

Carol said...

Heather this is absolutely STUNNING as your cards are always! Just luv it. Good luck in the challenges. Lotsa luv xxxx

Sandie said...

Wow!! This is stunning Heather. Love that hAnglar image and the lace is just lucious.

celia said...

Hey Heather,with such a beautiful creation is certainly not a bother to leave a message!You can make masterpieces of!Clever with the little hearts!Good idea!Thanks to share it with us!
Hugs,Celia

Jen said...

Hi Heather,
This is adorable, especially those glossy hearts.
I normally leave glossy accents overnight to dry, I suppose Tim must live in a warmer climate to us lol!
hugs
Jen x

Renkata said...

Rica, I love the colour combo and the buttons are wowowowo so precious. The waiting was worth :)

Anesha said...

Stunning card, love the buttons and the colouring is super. Anesha :)

Marie said...

Oh my! Such a darling card! Wonderful colours and your little hearts on the thread is just wonderful! And the little pearl cluster, just great!
xMarie

AndreaM said...

Heather, this is such an amazing card! One of my favourite color-combos and such a lovely image! The buttons look great. I have to try it myself.

Hugs, Andrea

Little K Smith said...

Beautiful card Heather, adore the colours. Gorgeous lace and embellishments, love the cute buttons.
Kelly.x

Kathleen said...

Wow this is stunning. I love everything on it.

Sue said...

Hi Hun
aww gorgeous card as ever hun, beautiful colouring, gorgeous papers & embelies, stunning creation, sue,x

Cheryl said...

oh wow hun this is simply stunning,the detail the image,the colors wow hun you sure know how to make a card come to life,hun awesome hope you continue to stay feeling okay wonder if there is something about as I have not felt myself all day either hugs cheryl xxxxx

Karen said...

Totally cute card Heather. The papers and colours are gorjus and those buttons are so scrummy.

Love Karen x

Julie said...

Awesome card, Rica - I love all your embellies!! Hugs, Juliexx

Squirrel said...

Hi sweetie!
Well if this is what you create when you're not at your best, then I envy you - hehee! I absolutely love everything about this. The lace is very unusual and SO beautiful, I adore the pearls, and I can't believe you made those buttons. I HAVE to try that.
Feel better soon,
Rosey x

Moni said...

Hi my dear friend, card is absolutely stunning. the image is so cute and fab coloured. Love all details. Hugs,moni

Twocrafty said...

This is absolutely stunning, your colouring never ceases to amaze me. The colour combo is gorgeous and the buttons are fab.

Tracy x

Jo said...

WOW! I love everthing about this card! *claps*
Thanks for joining us this week at sketch saturday
Jo xx

Kate said...

Great therapy card, like all the hearts.

** Kate **

Diane said...

Wowzers! Love your cards! Your embellishments are all so pretty! And the colors are beautiful!

Riet said...

So wonderful card Heather,i love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

April Rose said...

I love that gorgeous lace! The image is so sweet and beautifully colored! Thank you for joining us at Wild Orchid Challenge!
Hugs,
April

Leigh said...

Absolutely fabulous card Heather. The hearts are gorgeous and really add a finishing touch to the whole project. Wonderful colours too.

Nicolchen said...

your card is so beautiful...the colors are fabulous and the details are perfekt :0)))

thanks for joining us at lho ;0)

Hugs Nicole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...