Saturday, 24 July 2010

Basic Grey DT & a few challenges



At Basic Grey this week we challenge you to put some stiching on your creations, faux or real it doesn't matter.

But please do remember to use at least one item of Basic Grey (a few people haven't been doing and it means eliminating you from the prize draw) 

Simon Says Stamp $25 Credit Voucher


This week we have our one and only sponsor  the fabulous Simon Says Stamp with a $25 dollar voucher for you to have a shopping spree in the amazingly stocked store


I seem to be in a vintage mood at the moment. I used the beautiful 'Reflective' image from Sugar Nellie, still one of my favourites. I coloured her with Copics and inked the edges with distress inks in various colours and used the Tim Holtz pad to achieve the spotted effect that you sometimes get on old photographs. The papers are from the beautiful Cappella and stiched by machine round the edges. I can only use the machine on vintage where a straight line isn't necessary because I seem to have a machine that will only sew crooked lines. The edges are then glittered with Bronze stickles. The flowers are all from Wild Orchid except maybe the rose bud which was sent to me in a RAK, the pearl/bling swirl is Prima,  the butterfly is Artoz, naturally silver but distressed in brown, although it tends to look black in the photograph and the lace is from my ex-local market in Lancashire. I don't think I forgotten anything this time except the brown cord tied in the top right corner, that was rescued and recycled from something, but I can't remember what, actually it's a pest, because it's so silky it kept un-tying itself and I has to stich it together.

I'm also entering this into the following challenges
Raise the Bar - Ripped torn or broken
Fussy and Fancy - Scallops and Sparkle
Stamp Something - Something-flowery
Wild Orchid - Say it with Flowers
Creative Inspirations - Chocolate and Mint

Wow, it's not often a card I make slots itself into so many challenges.
Hope you all have a brilliant weekend and the weather is 'kind' to you wherever you are.



Photobucket

25 comments:

Karen said...

STUNNING STUNNING STUNNING !

Love Karen x

stephanne said...

It is always such a pleasure to stop by and visit your blog, inspiration as far as the eye can see!! This card is a showstopper, so gorgeously vintage, your colouring is stunning and the details are exquisite!! Love that lace and pearl swirls!! Now, I came here just to check out the recent Heather happenings, but I see that you have played along with Creative Inspirations, so allow me to say thanks for joining us!!

Hugs, Stephanne

Moni said...

WAW, stunning card, love the vintage look. And image is so gorgeous, great coloured. I so love the butterfly you added. You are great designer my dear friend! Hugs,Moni

Paula said...

Wooow Heather,
gorgeous card!!! Beautiful colours. Love your new background with the cute bird.
Have a wonderful day.
Hugs and kisses Pula

Michele said...

WOW Heather such a beautiful card. Love the colouring of the sweet image and the gorgeous details also. Hugs Michele x

Aussie Loz said...

Gorgeous Heather, love the vintage look and all those gorgeous pearls ♥

Christine said...

Hi Heather fab sweet image & colouring as always stunning..great stitching..(you sure its the machine stitching wonky??)LOL
Lota of pretty embellies lace is TDF..

Hugs Christine xx

Marie said...

Such a darling card! It looks so wonderful! Love your vintage style of this card and the wonderful colour! I migh even get my mojo back after looking a little more at this wonderful card. You rock girl!
xMarie

Tracy said...

Heather this is stunning, I adore Sarah Kay and I think you colouring is wonderful. Gorgeous creation.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Martine said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this card darlin, that image is beyond cute and the way you have coloured her is absoloutley gorgeous :), those papers are extra scrummy too and so are the embellies :), so basically i love this card lol :)

Take care darlin
xx
Martine

Chris said...

....and here I am on the first day too, what's wrong with us this week :D. I've only just picked myself up off the floor from laughing about your sewing machine LOL! Anyway, your card is so beautiful and your gorgeous image so beautifully painted. These colours are so pretty and very vintage and the butterfly looks amazing. Have a great weekend, hugs, Chris xx

Erin... said...

Oh this is gorgeous!!! the stitching and coloring are just fabulous!! Wonderful butterfly too! Thanks for playing along with us at Stamp Something this week! Hope to see you again soon!

craftingmanda said...

this is gorgoeus I love this card and the vintage look I never seem to be able to make the vintage look work this is gorgeous though

Riet said...

So beautiful card Heather,i love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Crafty Chris said...

Wow Heather this is what I call Vintage I really struggle with this but your card is stunning love the colours and the butterfly.
Christine x

Cheryl said...

oh wow heather this is simply stunning i so love vintage,and like you at the moment i cant get enough of it well when i can that is loveing all the papers and detail on this love cheryl xxxx

TaraG said...

Absolutely love this vintage card, hun! The image is darling and colouring flawlessly, as always! I love the distressing you did to background of the image! The stunning butterfly and all the little details make this card super special!
Just love it to bits!
Hugs,t

mycardz said...

Awwww, what a truly adorable card Heather! You definitely ROCK the vintage look on your cardz . . . all the gorgeous details you add totally complete this card! Love it! hugz, Mary

Sue said...

hi hun
as ever a gobsmackliy stunning card, luv the colours, beautiful papers & embelies, awesome creation, just of to chuck me cards in the bin! lol. sue,x

Sue said...

PMSL @ you hun, now i hope you gave her a timeto be in by??? i just cane seem to do loads bits like you do, arggg, hope you got large drinkies, i have! lol.Kick the comp!!! lol, sue,x

☼ Cheryl* said...

Hi Heather :)
Lovely card, I love all the detail and that image is gorgeous!
xxx

Juanita said...

Wow this is gorgeous, all that distressing is fab and all the details are perfect. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy.

Stampin'Piper said...

What a stunning card! Love this image and the layout is fab!

Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week!

Hugs Tanja

Thanh Vo said...

WOW Heather!!!I know that so many people have already said this about your card, but it truly is gorgeous! I love the crochet and butterfly embellishments you added.

Thanks for playing along with us this week at Raise the Bar. Hope to see you next week.

Karen Howard said...

Wow, this is really stunning! Love your creation and the details are fabulous!

If you love challenges you are sure to love my new blog: http://www.felineplayful.blogspot.com/

Hope you will stop by!
Hugs, Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...